Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AR 25 is not starting - only bug report comes up

Volker
Participant

Hello,

I have a start problem. Starting AC 25 the bug report is immediately starting.

The workstation was ok for about 1 year - suddenly this problem.

AND: this is the 2nd case in short time.

10 similar workstation (same hardware + software) are working fine, 2 not.

Bug report IDs:

AC25-2022-01-24-15-53-55-5004

AC25-2022-01-24-15-54-44-4722

and some more.

Deinstalling AC25 and new installing after shut down doesn't help.

Would be fine to get an idea.

Volker

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

This is not a support forum for such issues, but a user-to-user assistance forum.  For crashes such as this, you should have included the registered license holder email with the bug report and then contact your local technical support.  It appears you are in Germany, so this page might help:

https://graphisoft.com/de/service-support/support/telefonsupport/

There is obviously something different about these 2 workstations vs the 10 that are working... you say that 10 working are "similar" but not "identical" ... so you might investigate those differences - is it graphics card (is the driver up to date?), antivirus or firewall?, network connection, the means by which the license is accessed?  Etc.  But for licensed users, the technical support channel is the appropriate venue for this.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Volker
Participant

The things is: more than one year all 12 workstations were working well and from one day to another first one, some weeks later the second workstation, could not start Archicad. The Antivirus software is the same on all, Win updates also. No files in quarantine, no hardware defects.

The suggestion of the German help deak was to look for quarantine, clear it, deinstall Archicad,

clear the registry, install Archicad was not working. The same bug reports came up.

Yesterday I made a full restore of a backup from one month ago of one workstation - and now it is fine. Today I will do the same for the second workstation. Of course it would be better to know the reason to overcome it before it happens... But as I understood, the bug report is not helpful for this.

So You can close the case.

Best regards

Dr. Volker Atzrodt

@Volker wrote:

Yesterday I made a full restore of a backup from one month ago of one workstation - and now it is fine. Today I will do the same for the second workstation. Of course it would be better to know the reason to overcome it before it happens... But as I understood, the bug report is not helpful for this.

If restoring your system from an old backup worked, then that would suggest to me it is something that was updated on that machine that has caused the issue.

It would be nice to know what that was, but only you know what has happened to your machines in the last month.

It will be interesting to see if it happens again as you re-apply any updates again.

If you ever figure it out, please let us know.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11