Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ARCHICAD 18 INT FREEZE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi...i am testing the archicad 18 in demo version...and after about 15 min working the soft freeze...and i can not activate any bottom of the palette or close the program...but the operating system continue working...then i need restart window 7 and restart a new instance of ac18...the soft can not write too a bug report...any suggestion???
win 7, Core i7, hd 1 tb, 12 gb ram, ati firepro v5800 1gb ddr5 drivers updated...thanks for your help.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi now...the desktop windows freeze too...and the bottoms dont work...explorer stopped...but the cursor move ....i proved unnistall the ac18 and every thing its normal now...excuse me for my bad english...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good afternoon ... the problem persists .. I could go to the event manager window and got this information ... I hope will serve to find the solution ... thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
another jpg...of information....
EVENT LOG_002.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello ... I have encountered another problem in archicad 18 ... when a multiple copy of a window in space 3d working, pressing the escape key to release the cursor, archicad crashes, being necessary to reset the software is done. ..

Archicad 18 seems pretty stable compared to archicad 17 ...

I will continue reporting to find the problem ... thanks.
Eduardo Rolon
Hola,

I have removed your other thread because it is a copy of this one, please do not create duplicates.

Taking a guess at your problem you might need to verify your Video Card drivers since they are usually the ones that cause problems in Windows if they are up to date then you might need to check your java settings.

If none of those work you might need to contact your reseller for more help. Your problem seems particular to your setup since there are no other window users reporting the same problems in the forums.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Thanks for responding, I apologize for repeating the thread ... drivers video card are updated to version ... I am testing demo is downloaded from the website of Graphisoft ... I do not understand about java settings .. . could be more specific? ... Thank you for your interest.

I have also proven the same version of AC18 on a computer with the following characteristics and presents the same problem: core i7, 500gb hdd, nvidia geforce gts 250m, 4gb ram, win7.

My PC is: Core i7, 1tb hdd 12 gb ram, ATI FirePro V5800 1GB updates drivers, win7

Thanks again
Eduardo Rolon
It should not have any problems running on those systems but since I don't use Windows there is not much I can test here.

Items to check are usually:

Antivirus software or not running as administrator which can create problems during installation. After installation the usual problems are either old video drivers or OS updates.

Maybe somebody else might be able to help.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator