Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 IS NOT PRINTING ON HP DESIGNJET 500

Takis
Expert
Hi, I am trying to print to HP Designjet 500 but there is a driver conflict.
Driver 6.1 for the above printer is not recognized at all by Archicad.
The newest driver version 8.1 it is recognized but printer gives error 61.05.

Operating system: Windows 10x64

Archicad 21

Can somebody help please?

Takis
18 REPLIES 18
Karl Ottenstein
Can you print from Windows 10 without error other than with ARCHICAD? If so, as a workaround, try creating a PDF of what you want to print and then print the PDF from Acrobat.

If all other programs print, then contact Graphisoft support. If they don't print either, then contact HP...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Takis
Expert
Hi Karl, yes I can print fine from other programs and I did export to pdf, thanks.

I have already sent a message to Greece Re-sellers.

Do you know if there is any Archicad - large format printer compatibility catalog?
Karl Ottenstein
Glad you have a workaround and have determined it is only Archicad. Here's a 10 year old thread on your large format printer:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14890
Takis wrote:
Do you know if there is any Archicad - large format printer compatibility catalog?
Great question. There isn't a printer compatibility list that I know of... but there should be.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, how Can I solved the same problem? I can't print with HP DESIGNJET 500. Thank you
Takis
Expert
Hi, I solved the printing problem with HP Designjet 500 in Archicad 21 on Windows 10 x64 system:
1 . I have ordered an HPGL/2 card and installed it.
2 . Installed new driver for the above card.
3 . That's it.

Notes:
The card is used and I bought it from the internet. It cost me €120.
It just works fine with no problems at all.
You may print directly with the "Print" button in Archicad.

Takis.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So, is there no solution without having to buy a new card?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
FWIW, on this HP page they say even the HP DesignJet is not supported on Windows 10:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301/model/1834668/document/c0...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
FWIW, on this HP page they say even the HP DesignJet is not supported on Windows 10:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301/model/1834668/document/c0...
Okay, but I don't understand why with archiCAD 20, with exactly the same printer and operating system, it worked very well. It don't make sense for me this thing.
If it was a problem with windows 10, it would not work with any program, but with the other programs prints and only with the archiCAD 21 no.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In that case, that is a very good question.
I will forward this issue to GS HQ.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27