Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ARCHICAD 22 Curtain Wall Edit mode unusable in 2D

furtonb
Advisor
Hi,

I'm modelling with the curtain wall tool in ARCHICAD 22 (build 6025, Windows 10).
When I switch to edit mode on my floor plan, responsiveness drops drastically, the hour-glass cursor appears and I need to wait 5-10 seconds to see the screen moving in increments. I can barely pan and zoom, I need to exit the edit mode to navigate.

I don't really know what to do to speed things up, as a workaround I'm using morphs to move the frames to the correct locations (3D editing is fast).

I don't have any custom profiles, everything is "Frame 22", no accessories or junctions. Panel is "CW Composite Panel 22". My floor plan display is set like this:

It looks like this, not that detailed...

I'm working on a decent desktop, so hardware shouldn't be the problem: AMD 3900X 12c @ 3,80GHz, AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB, 128GB RAM @ 2600 MHz, 1TB SSD.

My display drivers (Radeon 5700XT) are not the latest, because I had issues with recent AMD drivers, so I rolled back and I cannot potentially mess up my system right now. I don't think it's related to this, because otherwise both 2D and 3D editing is quite snappy on my machine (same goes with AC22 b6025 - it's been quite reliable until now).

Any suggestions? Did anyone have similar issues? What could be the cause?
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
7 REPLIES 7
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

First of all, Happy New Year! May it bless you with health, wealth, and happiness!

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

I tried to replicate the issue using Archicad 22 7000. There was no slowness in 2D Edit mode. This leads me to think that the issue could be file-specific.

I'm wondering whether you can reproduce the issue using the default template? Does it happen if you copy the curtain wall from the slow file into a new file?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

furtonb
Advisor
Happy New Year, Minh!

Nope, it is fast in an empty file based on the default template.
What could be the cause in my file? Do you have any idea?

To further the scope: stair edit mode is also really slow.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for the information!

This suggests that the problem is with the file itself. During Edit mode, Archicad will attempt to change the graphic display of other elements. If there is an element that is too complicated, the slowness might happen only in Edit mode only.

This element can be an object, a complex fill, or something else. I will definitely need the file in order to investigate further. Is it possible for you to share the file for a closer look? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the file.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

furtonb
Advisor
Sure, could you point me to an upload site?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I have sent you a link via Private Message. Please use the link to upload the file to us, and let me know when the uploading process finishes.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

furtonb
Advisor
Hi Minh,

I've sent you the file in the PM.
I think the rest of the conversation could continue here.
furtonb
Advisor
Minh provided the solution.
The slowness was caused by extensive use of image fills, creating an override for cover and drafting fills eliminates the problem: