BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ARCHICAD 23 freezes after clicking Browse

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently upgraded to ARCHICAD 23 - for those who have done so there is a new splash screen with three buttons at the top; New, Browse, and Teamwork

I hit Browse and the program just freezes or bug splats

Has this happened to anyone else?
28 REPLIES 28
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gary,

It's good to know that at least ARCHICAD worked well before. If this is the situation, is there any changes to your computer that happens lately? Like a Windows update, driver update, or hardware changes?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
mnguyen wrote:
toofuerte wrote:
I have an issue when I have opened 5 instances of Archicad. If i start a new instance and select browse or teamwork button it hangs i have to end task on the task manager to get out.

Also my start screen doesn't update the projects showing are the same ones from a few weeks ago, I have opened up new projects but they are not showing on the recent projects. I have windows 10 so that is not an issue and it is up to date.
Hi Gary,

Thank you for your question!

5 ARCHICAD instances can be taxing for your system. As Ling suggested, could you have a look at Task Manager and see how much RAM does your computer have left at that point?

The recent project not showing up in startup dialog is a known issue to us. This problem should be fixed in the second update of ARCHICAD 23. It was caused by the file ACRecentList.lck file from %USERPROFILE%\GRAPHISOFT folder. Delete this one should make the newly opened project available again in the startup dialog.

Let me know if you have any further issues! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh
Hi Minh

Our users are also reporting this problem but I cannot find the acrecentlist file.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
benjamin_chan wrote:

Hi Minh

Our users are also reporting this problem but I cannot find the acrecentlist file.
Hi Benjamin,

Which OS are you using? If you are using macOS, the file ACRecentList.lck is located in Preferences/GRAPHISOFT folder. I hope this will help you with the issue!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh, we are using windows 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Benjamin,

Could you check under %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\GRAPHISOFT\ to see if the ACRecentList.lck file is there? If yes, please delete it, then the issue should go away.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
No there is no lck file there either
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Benjamin,

In this case, could you please send FastLogger Files of the Starter dialog for further investigation? They are located in %USERPROFILE%\GRAPHISOFT\Starter folder. Make sure that you start ARCHICAD once to replicate the issue, then close it before copying the FastLoggers here.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have similar issues lately, AC23 freezes when clicking browse on opening screen. I have updated the intell graphics driver that was mentioned in this forum and it did seem to help one month ago, but now not anymore. I have the same thing that 5th archicad is too much. It is not about memory, because the files where very small and I have 64 GB memory of which is used like 30% and plenty of space on disks. With AC22 no problems like this
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
mikkohippo wrote:
I have similar issues lately, AC23 freezes when clicking browse on opening screen. I have updated the intell graphics driver that was mentioned in this forum and it did seem to help one month ago, but now not anymore. I have the same thing that 5th archicad is too much. It is not about memory, because the files where very small and I have 64 GB memory of which is used like 30% and plenty of space on disks. With AC22 no problems like this
Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

Intel driver tends to cause slowness at startup for Archicad. The Intel driver mentioned in this thread is out of date at the moment. I suggest installing the latest driver from Intel here. Please let me know if after this, Archicad still freezes after clicking Browse.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!