Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ARCHICAD15 HANGS UP ON STARTUP SCREEN?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I've read about the "splash screen" hangup.
I've tried everything.
GS...I need your help.
I can not seem to get AC15 to startup and begin to run.

I've installed it 6 times.
removed all JAVA, Quicktime, loaded QT from DVD, removed all manners of Adobe files....and still I can't make AC15 run.

I'm working on a Dell M6600 with 16GB or Ram.
it's got Windows 7.......PLEASE...DESPARATELY NEED SOMEONE'S HELP!!

AC15-hang-screen-031212.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
19 REPLIES 19
rob2218
Enthusiast
oh yes...forgot to add...I also tried to edit the "hosts" file in the C:\systems32\drivers\etc folder....to add the "#" in front of all the lines of text and restarted AC.....THAT DIDN'T DO A DARN THING EITHER.....

SO PLEASE GRAPHISOFT...PLEASE...I NEED YOUR HELP.
I NEED TO GET AC15 UP AND RUNNING AGAIN ON MY DELL LAPTOP M6600.........PLEASE...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
rob2218 wrote:
SO PLEASE GRAPHISOFT...PLEASE...I NEED YOUR HELP.
I NEED TO GET AC15 UP AND RUNNING AGAIN ON MY DELL LAPTOP M6600.........PLEASE...
Seriously, Rob? You've been around long enough to know that you have a dedicated US phone support team from Graphisoft waiting to help you ... 9am-8pm EDT M-F. Give 'em a call.

These forums are the place to contact your fellow users, not Graphisoft. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
Karl,
I HAVE contacted the Graphisoft Support Team, this morning as a matter of fact.....and the fellow here in the North America office tried all his might to resolve this issue......to no avail.

Reason I post here is because, perhaps in the vast knowledge base...I was hoping, a glimmer of hope only, that perhaps one..only one other user may have encountered and resolved this issue.

Isn't this what these forums are for? To 'share' information, findings, solutions...etc..? or am I mistaken?

I'm at my ropes end here sir.....I'd pay top dollar to anyone who can resolve this issue....really.

This is a nightmare!....when the program simply WILL NOT RUN....and hangs on the initial "splash" startup screen.

It installs properly yet it just WONT run....don't know why.

I need help Karl.
So...to answer your question....yes..I already contacted GS North America and had to send them an Archicad.DMP file....to Budapest so they could analyze what is going on...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Dennis Lee
Booster
Since you seem very desperate, maybe you can try this:

Goto "Services"
Look for "Bluetooth Services" or "Bluetooth support services"
Turn it "On", and set it to be "Automatic"

This has worked for me once, but I'm not sure of the logic behind it.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
rob2218
Enthusiast
Dennis,
at this point...I'll try anything to get this darn Dell Laptop to work.
So...what does the "services/ turning on Bluetooth" do with regards to the Archicad15 software and how it behaves?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
If Dennis' suggestion works...he's gonna get some money in the mail....garanteed.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm in desparation mode here folks....anyone...anyone at all can resolve this issue I will gladly payment a handsome reward...i don't care if they took 2 minutes or 2hours to resolve...they will get money.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm requesting (no...soliciting) anyone who thinks they can assist on this matter a consulting reward.

My cell is 786-877-8120
I'm on Eastern Standard time and if you think you can help, I will gladly pay you for your time if you think you can resolve this issue.

thanks.
Rob
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
rob2218 wrote:
Isn't this what these forums are for? To 'share' information, findings, solutions...etc..? or am I mistaken?
Of course that is what they're for. But your message was written, in all caps "SO PLEASE GRAPHISOFT...PLEASE...I NEED YOUR HELP". This is NOT the place to ask Graphisoft for help. It is for users sharing things with each other as you say.

That said... I didn't / don't have a clue. Have you created a fresh user account and tried launching there? When you re-installed, was all virus protection disabled?

Several other people reported having this happen here over the last few months, so maybe someone will have an idea for you.

Good luck,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB