General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

ARCHINTENSIVE 2020 - Session 1 - Key Ingredients to the perfect template

I have just released the recording of my session on what I see as the key ingredients to the perfect Archicad Template from my ARCHINTENSIVE 2020 event. I will be progressively releasing sessions from my previous events over the next month. So come back to the website and my YouTube channel to see each session as they go public.

Sorry about the electrical humm in this video, it is the only one that has it, I was able to fix it before the other sessions. 

https://www.skewed.com.au/media/webinars/archintensive-2020-key-ingredients-perfect-template

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX
4 REPLIES 4
mthd
Mentor

Watched this first video, was easy to follow and understand the potential problems with templates right inside AC.

Well done ! 

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Thanks. I haven't listened back on that presentation since I gave it nearly 3 years ago until today. I forgot how much I packed into that 45 minutes. I hope that it inspires people to think through the way in which they develop their templates in more detail.

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
mthd
Mentor

I think for me, a future upgrade to AC26 might help my cause with they way the attribute manager works to help simplify the process. I like how you can purge some things in the attributes that we simply don’t need but you have to be careful when you delete things inside AC lol. I like how you explained in your video about not deleting material surfaces or default attributes in AC.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

I should probably do a presentation or a recording on Attributes on it own. There is so much to be gained by having a good understanding about attributes. Sadly not a lot of people really understand them well enough. It is a prettt dry topic though. 😂

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed