Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ARTLANTIS TO ARCHICAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I lost my work in Archicad but i have a saved project in Artlanits,

is ti possible to open/export Artlanits project in Archicad?
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
How did you manage that? You have my condolences.

Export Artlantis as obj, dwf or skp, then import to Archicad.

--- Edit obj in Cinema??

--- skp - sketch up file - not so editable, but references are there.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
You can get the 3D massing back into ArchiCAD ... but you can never get things back as an editable model, with walls as Walls, windows as Windows, etc.

In Artlantis 4.1, File > Export... and save your model as SketchUp, which you can then open in the free version of SketchUp to verify and perhaps clean up.

You'll notice that all ArchiCAD layers that were present in the Artlantis file ARE now present in the SketchUp file. Many textures show up there, too. This can help you bring what is there back into ArchiCAD because...

...the skp import for ArchiCAD brings an entire SketchUp file in as a single, monolithic GDL object.

So... you can turn on just the layers you want - perhaps even one layer at a time, save that from SketchUP ... import it into ArchiCAD ... and at least have a bunch of objects, one per layer, corresponding to the massing of your lost model. Then, re-model each layer as required... Remodeling won't be easy as there will not be snap points.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you guys!!!!
Dwight
Newcomer
Not that it was good news.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems there are also some SketchUp IFC plugins which might be worth a try. They may require the full/paid version though. I haven't tried any of them yet.

The advantage of course is that IFC is imported as discrete, snapable parts on the correct layers.