Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ATi FireGL V3400 vs. Nvidia Quadro FX 560

Anonymous
Not applicable
ATi FireGL V3400
Nvidia Quadro FX 560

I am thinking of getting either of these two cards. The ATi is cheaper, but both cards are at the best price/power value of their ranges for my budget, so it a decision to go either ATi or Nvidia.

I know ArchiCAD sadly doesn't have optimised drivers for workstation cards, but I was hoping if there was anybody with any experience of these ranges. There are no reports for these cards in the Compatibility Database at the top of this forum section. If you have one please run the TEST file and make a report.

I suppose that my final decision would be made with regard to performance with other programs I use, but what is your preference? Everything is generally pointing towards the Quadro FX 560, but I like the sound of the Avivo technology with ATi, which allows 10-bit colour for Photoshop, and eventually 16-bit colour for when the next generation high definition LCD screens appear.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking at spec of your rig on your signature, I reckon that both the ATI and the Nvidia cards are overkill
Anonymous
Not applicable
Heh, well I thought it was about time for an upgrade...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Those specs can't be real. Or are they?
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Very funny!! My first computer didn't even have a hard drive. 2 floppy drives, though. And 256k (upgraded from 128k).
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6