Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Ac 22 MEP modeler license

Victor Leon
Contributor

Hello everybody.

It is possible to have a MEP modeler license from earlier versions.

I need an Ac 22 MEP modeler license.

Is Graphisoft still selling or marketing them?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly

Before MEP was built in to Archicad, you did have to purchase a license for it.

You will be best to contact you local Archicad distributor, as that is who you would have to purchase it through.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

I'm not sure if they are still selling them, but I do have all my 'old' licenses still running on our software key. I believe this still includes discontinued software such as Virtual Building Explorer (the pre-cursos to BIMx). Which would be similar to MEP now being included with Archicad.

Maybe check in with your local reseller to see if they still offer it.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Victor Leon
Contributor

Thank you very much for your comments.

I have Archicad with commercial license and SSA.

I started at Archicad with Ac24 in December of last year.
I have been starting and learning for almost a year now.
Today I am using Ac25.

I am starting a project that will be designed with Mep systems, Hvac systems and other systems and technical installations, exposed and visible to users.

The architect who is going to help me on this project uses Ac22.
He hasn't updated his license because he was designing for other studios that didn't use Archicad. However, he continues to use Ac because he likes it better, and also he knows about systems facilities, which is what I need for this project.
He tells me that if he gets involved in more collaborations with Archicad projects he could update his license.

At this moment if I use Ac 25, I could not save the project and send it to him because he will not be able to open it in Ac 22.

It seemed to me that the solution was that I, who have the updated and active Graphisoft license and services, will download Ac22 and Mep Modeler 22 to do this project in Ac22 in order to have the collaboration of this Architect.

I have downloaded Ac22 and Mep modeler, but Mep does not work, and tells me as you suggested, to contact the distributor.
They tell me that they no longer sell it because it comes from 24 within Ac24.
Something that I know and understand.

But on the Graphisoft page they tell you to look for a distributor that sells it.

The architect tells me that if there is no alternative due to the previous situation, they could do the project in Revit or in Cype and I in the end import it to Archicad so as not to be waiting to find a solution and be able to move forward.

But this, up to now, is not ideal for me, because I am trying to get all the closest team to work in Archicad.

I would appreciate your suggestions and comments.

It is not easy to assemble a team that knows technical specialties and also manages Archicad.

And I don't want to give up yet, trying to do this whole project with Archicad, if there is a solution for it

Thank you very much.

Eduardo Rolon

Another alternative if to buy a monthly license for the duration of the project which should be cheaper.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thanks Eduardo.
The situation is that the distributor tells me that they no longer sell licenses for Mep modeler from versions prior to Ac 24 because Mep modeler comes from Ac 24 within Ac.  
So in this situation, when someone on the team has not yet updated, what could be the solution?
Because I have a license and update to Ac25, and I am willing to buy the Mep modeler Ac22 license to use it in this project.
However I hope there is a solution for situations like this.
I do not think it is a very particular case, I hope to find a solution here to be able to implement Archicad throughout the team, and they can be updated little by little.

So that the solution of the collaborators is not to do the projects in other software.
Thank you.

The problem is you can download and use the MEP library, but without a MEP license, the objects will not have their MEP magic- they will just be objects.

From 24 the license is included with Archicad.

Prior to that you had to purchase a separate license and that had to be loaded onto your codemeter (or software) key with the GS License Manager.

The only way to get this license is through Graphisoft and your local distributor is your contact.

I know they no longer sell old Archicad licenses, but in a case like this where the MEP will not work without the addition of an old MEP license to your codemeter key, you would hope they would still be able to do something.

I am not sure what the solution is here for you.

However, your architect co-worker will also have to have the MEP license if they are to manipulate the MEP objects.

Otherwise they just become 'dumb' objects for him.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

This is a weird situation and depends on who is sending information to whom.

• If AC 22 is going to do MEP then you can work in 22 without MEP and he can add the info and you will be able to open it in 22 though not edit it.
  • You can also work in 25/24 and test how MEP works using the "save as" to a previous version option.
  • You can also use 25 and export to IFC and see how it links to 22
  • IIRC MEP modeler used to cost around $800US and if you pay a monthly license for your consultant  (±$300) so you get 2-3 months to do the MEP part. Also check how much is upgrading from 22 to 25 if it is considered to be one step which is $800 then it is a wash.

----

At the end you need to consider if all of this hassle is worth saving the upgrade price.

-----

The actual solution is to upgrade your consultant to 25 instead of you buying MEP for 22.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Victor Leon
Contributor

Thanks to everyone for your comments and guidance.
Barry Kelly, Erwin Edel, Eduardo Rolon, you have been very helpful.
I appreciate it.