BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Access codemeter webadmin via browser remotely

Gorazd
Booster
I would like to open codemeter webadmin on a server with keyplug from a clients computer via browser. Is this possible? I know I can do it using remote desktop, but don't want to give that option to users. Entering servers IP and port doesn't seem to work.
Thanks
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
3 REPLIES 3
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for the question!

I would say it is possible, but the difficulty depends on how you connect the client machine to the server machine:

- If the client and server machine are in the same network: the CodeMeter WebAdmin provides a solution to remotely connect to the WebAdmin configuration of another server in the network. This function needs to be enable when you install CodeMeter: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/129970/
After this, in the WebAdmin interface, if you click on the green "Current Server" at the bottom, the list of available server will be listed. There are certain limitations to this method.

- If the client and the server machine are not in the same network: either you can make a VPN to connect the client to the server machine, or remote desktop is the way to go.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Gorazd
Booster
Hi.
Thank you for pointing this out. I have tried it and it works, but in reverse of what I would like. If I am on a server side, I can choose to control clients webadmin, but if I am on a clients machine, all I see is Localhost. Dont know why it would go one way and not the other. Any hint?
------

Gorazd Rajh

Gorazd
Booster
I made it. Had to reinstall both CM drivers again, and this time worked.
Thank you for your help.
Gorazd
------

Gorazd Rajh

Learn and get certified!