BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Add-ons

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I have a simple question but i cant seem to find it anywhere online. I would like to know if the add-ons that I load on my computer at the office will be loaded on all other computers on the BIM-Server from the office, or if this this to be done on all computers individually.

Thanks a lot in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are referring to addd-ons such as CADimage, then yes it will need to be installed on all individual computers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey!
Since my Office has a Server, what i did was copy the Add-ons Folder to the Server and in Archicad changed the path to it (it Shows you then the add-ons double, but you can uncheck the old ones and the delete them) so now when we have a new Add-on it will be in all Computers
Im new with archicad so im sitll experimenting a bit!

Thanks for your post though!!
Karl Ottenstein
v_amato wrote:
Hey!
Since my Office has a Server, what i did was copy the Add-ons Folder to the Server and in Archicad changed the path to it (it Shows you then the add-ons double, but you can uncheck the old ones and the delete them) so now when we have a new Add-on it will be in all Computers
Im new with archicad so im sitll experimenting a bit!

Thanks for your post though!!
Yours is not a recommended solution. Add-ons are actual program code with their own installers/uninstallers and settings files (preferences/registry). They must be updated along with any ArchiCAD program updates/patches - and are only found if they reside in the location within the ArchiCAD program/application folder hierarchy in which they are expected.

(In addition, depending on your workstations and server permissions settings, some components of the add-on may or may not be executable/readable by all users.)

It is safest to follow Maysum Rashid's advice and install via the add-on installer on each machine.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!