BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Advice For New Windows Laptop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello To the group!
I would like to hear your advice, tips and suggestions as I am starting to search for a new laptop. I plan to use it for small scale architectural projects using Sketchup + VRay, Archicad and Revit. My budget is limited (800-900 Euro) and this might sound to be not enough, but I don't require very high detail photo realistic renderings. I would like your opinions about the best approach to choose the best machine without exceeding my budget.
The characteristics I should look are:
1. Processor type
2. Processor frequency
3. RAM
4. Graphic card and memory
5. SSD disc

Looking at the options I have in my country, the more realistic options is to go for 8GB RAM (I can add more RAM in the future) and the processors intel core i7 from 1.8 to 2.7 GHz.
For SSD discs I only can get up to 256GB and some machines have a second HHD disc for backup.
How would you approach all these characteristics and in what priorities?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
RAM will be your biggest issue, really need minimum of 16Gb for all of the programs you have listed and that is to run them individually and not at the same time.

I don’t understand how you will spend 10-15000 euro on software and run on a 800 euro pc just buy less software and get a better pc

Scott
Lingwisyer
Guru
How portable does it need to be? ie. Size, weight and battery life

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!