Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Advice needed

Anonymous
Not applicable
My boss has recently purchased ArchiCAD, the setup is i produce the drawings and he would like to load the drawings onto his laptop to take to clients and show them the finished drawings in the flesh so to speak, now as we only have 1 copy of ArchiCAD we can only install it on 1 machine. Can we purchase a further license or is it possible to open the drawings in the student version as he has this also.
Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Jacek
Contributor
Just save the drawings as PDF and copy to him. he will have 'bulletproof' drawings and can easily open them, enlarge zoom etc..
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also publish project. It will give you whole project as html.
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Plus, you could make Quicktime VR files so you could show the clients 3D models of it as well
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Djordje
Ace
leecoleman wrote:
My boss has recently purchased ArchiCAD, the setup is i produce the drawings and he would like to load the drawings onto his laptop to take to clients and show them the finished drawings in the flesh so to speak, now as we only have 1 copy of ArchiCAD we can only install it on 1 machine. Can we purchase a further license or is it possible to open the drawings in the student version as he has this also.
Thanks in advance!
If he wants to just show the DRAWINGS, then a PDF book published from PlotMaker, with a movie or two embedded will probably do the job. As will the Reviewer set - good because of the redlining features, that can easily be incorporated back into the project.

If he wants to take the client for a walk throught the project, and do changes on the spot, then an ArchiCAD license is needed - it is called a site license, and is cheaper than the first one already purchased - check with your reseller.

If he wants ONLY to take the client for a walk along a pre-defined path, multipoint VR might be the best option.

There is also a few VR options, but each of them except VRML requires a plugin or additional software. For example, Shockwave export plugin at www.dunako.com.

And so on ... many tools are available, it is your decision which ones to use and how!

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen