Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Animated selection box with arrow tool in A13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Could someone explain the animated effect when using the arrow tool to select an area? There is almost a full second wait while the box collapses in and the items are not selected until after Archicad has had fun animating. It seems poignantly useless for such a serious (and expensive) piece of software.

Perhaps more importantly - could someone explain how to get rid of it?

Best,

I have a question
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps you are having display or performance problems causing the lag. It is definitely not an arbitrary delay. I'm not sure what you mean by "animation". Navigation and selection can slow down sometimes when Trace & Reference is active.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Perhaps you are having display or performance problems causing the lag. It is definitely not an arbitrary delay. I'm not sure what you mean by "animation". Navigation and selection can slow down sometimes when Trace & Reference is active.
Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, it's not a display or performance issue. Very fast machine with a CAD graphics card.

I posted a picture of the animation in progress. The selection box collapses in with a series of consecutively smaller rectangles. The animation in itself would be annoying enough but the main issue is that the items to be selected are not actually selected until the animation is complete. Imagine if every time you clicked on an object, fireworks would go off and Archicad would congratulate you. This is not quite as bad, but the reasoning appears similar.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume this is to show the lagginess of your display. Since there seems to be nothing in the current view it looks like you do have some serious performance issues. You should list your hardware and software details if you want more feedback.

Having a "fast machine and CAD graphics card" isn't that helpful. Even the oldest computers I have would not exhibit this behavior in an empty plan. The first thing to check is display driver compatibility.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I assume this is to show the lagginess of your display. Since there seems to be nothing in the current view it looks like you do have some serious performance issues. You should list your hardware and software details if you want more feedback.

Having a "fast machine and CAD graphics card" isn't that helpful. Even the oldest computers I have would not exhibit this behavior in an empty plan. The first thing to check is display driver compatibility.
Are you using Archicad 13?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would guess this is a graphics card issue too, as the 2d display is accelerated by the GPU. What is the spec of the card? Are you running the latest drivers for it?

It may be worth checking the advanced redraw options in the work environment - See 'Options' > 'Work Environment' > 'Advanced Redraw Options'

Try adjusting the top slider to change the acceleration level and see if it helps at all.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wrote:
Are you using Archicad 13?
Not a lot yet due to lack of Navis export, and I've only run it on my newer machines, but it runs very nicely (especially in Vista-64 and Win7-64). Selection is instantaneous.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I have the same problem.Did you get rid of it?!Someone can tell me how to?!