Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Annoying blink in OpenGL

Wnen working in a 3D window, after every move, there is an annoying "blink" of the screen at the end of every move (i.e. every regen). I've had this in the past, then it went away for awhile, and now it's back. I have the latest NVidia video drivers.

Anyone have a clue as to what's causing this, and if there is a setting to make it go away? It's not a big issue, but certainly annoying.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
4 REPLIES 4
For those who may face this issue themselves, re-Installed earlier video driver (pre-Vista) and all is back to normal. I don't even have Vista, and it's causing problems!
Richard
Darn, the blink came back, even with the older driver. I think I've now tracked it down to using 32-bit color vs. 16-bit. It blinks in 32-bit, but doesn't in 16-bit. My apologies to Bill G. for the previous comment. (Still not getting Vista, though.)
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem in the past. Restarting the PC solved the issue. Strange but the blinking starts whenever it wants and thank God it hasn't appeared recently.
Okay, final FINAL resolution on this. I updated the BIOS of the motherboard, and all is good now. (There was a BIOS update specifically to address compatibility issues with 3rd party graphics cards.)

No blinking now at any color depth.
Richard