Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Another old version request - ArchiCAD 10

Jacques Toerien
Participant
One of my arch school college friends has pulled his PowerMac G4 from the loft and found his drive gone bad (It's been 17 years)!, he's after an install disc for ArchiCAD 10, nothing else as he has a key. He chucked out all his all discs ages ago

I've suggested he gets a SOLO version but he only wants to do his studio over garage and garden room extension and and doesn't want to spend any money on new software (or a new computer, he's only got a netbook otherwise), he's no longer practising architecture but is happy to tackle his home improvement design - good luck to him

I'd love to help him out, if anybody has INT or UK install media (or an image file) please let me know. Im not after licensing etc., just install media as would have been shipped / provided by download by GS in the day.

Thank you (on behalf)

J
2012 13" Macbook Pro 8GB Ram, OS X 10.14.6
2010 Mac Pro 2x 6 Core 2.93Ghz Xeon, 48Gb Ram, OS X 10.14.6, RX 580

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem. - Douglas Adams
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
Actually there are old ArchiCAD versions available on Graphisoft web-site. They called "File Convertors" - ArchiCAD 7.0, 9.0 and 10. These versions was updated to work on latest OS - like MacOSX.

https://graphisoft.com/uk/downloads/fileconverter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Podolsky
Ace
I tried to find somewhere in Internet - the oldest version I can get is ArchiCAD 15 - it's available on myArchiCAD.com

There is no sources for oldest versions.

Once I've been looking for version 7.0 - absolutely nothing. I think it would be nice to be able to download old versions - to have some sort of museum of ArchiCAD. For example I would like to take a look at functionality of ArchiCAD 3 - I never saw it. The only information I can find - a screenshot on Apple II computer.
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
Actually there are old ArchiCAD versions available on Graphisoft web-site. They called "File Convertors" - ArchiCAD 7.0, 9.0 and 10. These versions was updated to work on latest OS - like MacOSX.

https://graphisoft.com/uk/downloads/fileconverter
Podolsky
Ace
Old Mac Programs Museum:
ArchiCAD 3.4, 4.55, 5.0, 6.0

https://www.macintoshrepository.org/software_search.php?autid=78&p=1
Jacques Toerien
Participant
Thank you for this. I think I may even have the installer for V7 on a G4 Mac mini somewhere, but I don't know if I have still have the mini or if I sold it long ago. I recall it didn't work well on Classic OS (OS X classic emulation). It worked well on OS9 though, but I no longer have the dongle for this....LONG gone!

The garage project ended up being done on a drawing board in the end...probably quicker anyhow!
2012 13" Macbook Pro 8GB Ram, OS X 10.14.6
2010 Mac Pro 2x 6 Core 2.93Ghz Xeon, 48Gb Ram, OS X 10.14.6, RX 580

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem. - Douglas Adams