BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Apple Magic Mouse and Archicad 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
What happened to the pan and zoom functions that we used to know and love?

In preferences I can choose from 'use wheel for pan and alt+wheel for zoom' or vice versa, but alt-wheel doesn't feel natural and it seems crazy to have to use both hands to navigate around the workspace.

Other programs, such as the Google maps suite, Google Earth etc. use
wheel for zoom
and click-and-hold + wheel for pan

Is it possible to obtain this option in Archicad?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've kind of answered my own question - but here's what I've done, in case anyone else is interested.

There's a free download called 'MagicPrefs' which allows you to fine-tune the magic mouse (e.g. a two-fingered swipe to zoom). Of course, Archicad stubbornly refuses to take account of any such change, but the program is worth having, as it contains loads of other goodies (such as a CAPS LOCK ENABLED warning)

So my workaround instead was to assign shortcut keys to the zoom-in and zoom-out functions in Archicad. (I use 'Zoom-out Scrollbar' so as to zoom out in 'steps') This is much more controllable than trying to zoom with the so-called 'magic' mouse.
Eduardo Rolon
Another option and the one I switched from MPs is Better Touch Tool which behaves somewhat better.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Eduardo.

But does nobody else find it kind of - well, shocking - that Archicad 18 is essentially incompatible with the latest Mac Mouse?!
mouse incompatibility is just a part of the compatibility gulf. can you say, "Retina!"?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Brad Elliott
Booster
Keith,
Not sure I understand your problem. I can zoom in and out just fine by sliding my finger up and down on the mouse in typical scroll fashion. I do use Magic Prefs to turn on the one finger middle axis click. This allows me to pan just like always.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Learn and get certified!