Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Apple Magic Mouse

rarino5
Participant

Anybody use this? I've always hated this mouse because it's not ergonomic. But I ordered some attachments that might help with that. Anyways, I don't know why, but I pulled mine out of the drawer and gave it a go in Archicad and wow.... it's actually pretty cool. It feels like one of those 3D CAD mice with how you can move around and orbit by sliding rather than a scroll wheel. I guess it makes sense, I just had never considered it because I've never been a fan of this mouse. But I think I dig this and hopefully the mods I ordered will make it even more comfortable.

Anybody who uses it have any tips they can share? I'm just using the default keybindings at the moment, but anything better anybody has found?

3 REPLIES 3

We have to use an add-on called Middle to activate the middle click for Pan. Archicad does pan natively with the Magic Mouse by dragging your finger across the mouse surface but it is nowhere near as easy as the middle click. I just wish Apple would acknowledge that middle click is needed natively in the macOS. The old Mighty Mouse was by far the best. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Eduardo Rolon

The add-on I use is called BetterTouchTool and I have it configured for a 2 finger middle click which once you get used to it is a pain when you can't.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I looked at that one too. I just don't understand why Apple don't allow middle click natively. They used to with the Mighty Mouse.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)