Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 12 speed issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any tips to speed up a teamwork file.
Performing any stretch of move command is very very slow. For example I stretched the size of a text box, and it took 59seconds to process.

The teamwork file is getting large, 97Mb.

My PC specs are

Intel Core 2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66Ghz 1.00Ghz (not sure exactly what the 1.00Ghz means)
4094Mb RAM
64 bit Vista
256Mb Quadro FX 1500 Graphics card

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom,

your hardware looks to be on the low side but even then should not be taking close to a minute for a simple stretch.

Do you have lots of windows (ie plan, sections, details, schedules etc) open?Having many open will place a significant burden on the computer (processor cycles and RAM) as it tries to keep these background windows updated.

If not I would suggest saving the project as a solo project and re-establishing the share to purge the file and hopefully remove any anomalies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Scott,
I only have 1 window open. Seems especially slow in plan. I did reshare the file, but might try again.
I just realised Vista has a USB boost option which seemed to have helped a little.
Thanks for your help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom,

Teamwork has nothing wit this. The PC is SLOW because the current procesor speed is only 1.00 GHz!!. Must be at 2.66 GHz.
Check your PC´s BIOS settings.
Procesor Speed Windows 7.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmm, wordered what that means.
I may ruin the computer if I screw around with the BIOS settings.
Might look into it though, thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try to check processor´s speed after you turn on the computer:
Control panel > System and Security > System
If it is on 1.00 GHz, then this is set in the BIOS. To go to the BIOS, when turning on the computer press "Del" key (first key left of the Enter key on the numeric keypad). Or may be some other key (check the users manual of the computer). Under the menu Main you will find System Information > Processor. If it is on 1.00 GHz, you go to the menu Advanced > CPU Frequency (now select 2.66 GHz). Save changes and Exit. Reboot the computer and when in Windows recheck the speed.