BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 17 network issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am having problems opening projects with ArchiCAD 17 that are located on a local area network.With ArchiCAD 15 I just right-click on a project that is located on a shared folder from another computer and click open with ArchiCAD 15.But,with ArchiCAD 17 when I do the same thing ArchiCAD 17 doesn't open that particular project,instead it opens as if I started ArchiCAD 17 itself and all I can do is create a new project or open a project that is local on that computer.I have tons of projects and with ArchiCAD 17 I always must copy the desired project on my local machine and only then can I work on it,and when I finish it I must update it (copy it back on the shared computer).This way someone will likely forget to update the project they were working on and there is a lot of trouble in an instant.The same thing is happening on ArchiCAD 16.Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mapping a drive helped solving this issue.Thank you very much,best of luck.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to inform you that I didn't encounter this issue when I was opening projects from win7 computer in the network.I changed server (more of a backup) computer to win7 platform and the problem didn't occur.It appears that AC16 and 17 aren't compatible with XP...
Learn and get certified!