BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 19 silent install

Anonymous
Not applicable
AC19 installer no longer has the "Create package" option.

Launching the installer through the Terminal with the -silent does not give an error (as with any other arguments, like -help), but it also doesn't install anything (just waits for user output, like launching the installer without any extra arguments).

Is this supposed to work or am I being too optimistic? Installing AC 19 hotfixes with -silent seems to work OK.
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you start the install, there is an option at the bottom of the Dialog called "Install as BIM manager". For me the Create Installation Package option at a later point of the Dialog will appear only if I have this checkbox checked.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Laszlo. With that hint I managed to create the package, but it's just an .app, not a pkg and there doesn't seem to be a way to install it silently (tried running it with -silent - no effect). So basically, I'm right back where I started.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have not done these install methods myself so all I can recommend is you check out the following references and see that all was done by those steps:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/setup/archicad-installation/installation-package-creation...
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/setup/archicad-installation/archicad-silent-install-metho...
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/setup/archicad-installation/archicad-silent-hotfix-instal...

If it still does not work you may want to contact your local reseller and let them know about this issue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I've been through those articles, to no avail.

I will take this up with our reseller.
Anonymous
Not applicable
For future reference - the "Create Package" option creates an application that will allow you to perform an unattended installation on a CLEAN system.

If you've already installed AC19 and just drag the application into the trash and try to run the "package" again, the installer will not run.

So if you're testing this stuff on a build system - make sure to ALWAYS run the uninstaller first (ArchiCAD 19 > Uninstall.AC > uninstaller).

You can perform an unattended uninstall with this command:
/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/ArchiCAD\ 19/Uninstall.AC/uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/uninstaller -silent
... running that as root with sudo might even disable the authentication prompt (probably required to disable the Codemeter process), but please note - this will also reboot your computer without any confirmation (I learned that the hard way...).

So in conclusion - the "Create Package" option does work, albeit not quite how a Mac admin would expect. It's not a package in the traditional OS X sense and a user still has to be logged in to the system for it to run.
Learn and get certified!