Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 19 takes forever to quit/exit

Anonymous
Not applicable
I often have two ArchiCAD 19 sessions open at the same time on my Mac. At the end of the day when I'm shutting down, it often takes more than 10 minutes to quit/exist the applications. There are times when I can't wait so I have to "force quit" at least one of the sessions then do the same for the annoying bug reports. Does anyone else have this issue? It's very annoying.
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Check your hard disk you might be heading for a meltdown. Usually in Mac when starting up, shutting down, launching a program or saving a file, start becoming slow it might be that the hard disk is dying.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
My mac is less than a year old. It still could be the hard drive but I think it's unlikely.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I noticed you only have 8gb of ram. That seems like it might be pushing it with 2 sessions running. Just a thought.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
gpowless
Advocate
svaero wrote:
I often have two ArchiCAD 19 sessions open at the same time on my Mac. At the end of the day when I'm shutting down, it often takes more than 10 minutes to quit/exist the applications. There are times when I can't wait so I have to "force quit" at least one of the sessions then do the same for the annoying bug reports. Does anyone else have this issue? It's very annoying.
I have the same problem occasionally but it seems to occur with older plans that have been ported into the current version. I also find there is a lag that develops when editing the same older plans. Library issues maybe?
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full