BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

ArchiCAD 21 Residential Template

Is there no Residential Template provided with the ArchiCAD 21 upgrade?

2017-07-11_12-36-46.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

6 REPLIES 6
There was a downloadable file somewhere on the Graphisoft website, but for the life of me, I can't find it now.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here looking for residential file also.
Emailed Graphisoft, no reply.
Eduardo Rolon
I'm with Richard. They were made available after the first hotfix with some extra stuff but I can not find it either.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
In my installation, it is in Applications > Graphisoft > ARCHICAD 21 > Defaults > ARCHICAD > ARCHICAD 21 Residential.tpl (both 5010 and 4022). Maybe check that your installation is the latest (Help > Check for Updates...)? It is too large to post here.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
David wrote:
In my installation, it is in Applications > Graphisoft > ARCHICAD 21 > Defaults > ARCHICAD > ARCHICAD 21 Residential.tpl (both 5010 and 4022). Maybe check that your installation is the latest (Help > Check for Updates...)? It is too large to post here.

David
Ditto. The residential template showed up for me after installing the 4022 USA update. I'm on 5010 USA now and it's there in the startup dialog drop-down still.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Everyone,

I have looked into this, and it turns out the Residential Template was indeed missing from the original install package, but it is included in the first update (4022).
Make sure you have the first update installed, and you should have both Templates.

In 5010 (because of an unrelated issue), you have both templates, but they both have the same content. This should be fixed in the next update, but until then you can just copy the templates from 4022 and overwrite them.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!