BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 21 & 22 - Persistent crash when using Find & Select - when are you going to fix this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD 22 5009 UKI FULL
and now
ArchiCAD 21 7000 UKI FULL
MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.3

As the title suggests, I would just like to know when you are planning on fixing this bug, as it is adversely affecting the productivity in our office.

This crash happens in multiple files on iMacs of all different specifications, from Retina iMac's from 2015-2019 and a 2019 iMac Pro, it's a software issue that's across at least two versions.

I had kept a file in AC21 to avoid this bug that I was having on another project, but it has now started crashing in 21 too. It renders Find & Select completely unusable. At first it was just when picking up settings using pipette (Option-Command-Click) but now even when selecting settings manually.
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Have you submitted your bug (crash) reports and then followed them up with your local Archicad support person?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my experience (20 years) the local support team can't modify the program, and can rarely fix a problem that we can't resolve in house.

We always submit the bug reports, even though it's mostly a waste of time.

I just want to know if this crash is due to be addressed in the next update, and when that is.
Barry Kelly
Steve wrote:
In my experience (20 years) the local support team can't modify the program, and can rarely fix a problem that we can't resolve in house.
No they can't modify the program, but if it is a problem they can't resolve, then they should be referring it on to GS HQ for them to look at.

Steve wrote:
We always submit the bug reports, even though it's mostly a waste of time.

That is good and is not a waste of time if you can follow up on it quoting the crash report number.
As far as I know the Graphisoft support teams have access to these crash reports, and if you can pinpoint a specific one it helps them greatly.

Steve wrote:
I just want to know if this crash is due to be addressed in the next update, and when that is.

Only GS can tell you this - dare I say it - your local support.
Obviously they will have no idea when it will be fixed, but if they are escalating it up the chain then maybe they can find out.

This is only a user forum - although we do have privilege that so GS personnel do read this, but there is no guarantee that they will.

I am curious though, are other Mojave users experiencing the same problem?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Misley
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Most probably you have met the crash identified as TT#254073. It has been fixed and will be released in the next AC21 and AC22 updates.
Miklós Misley
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.4 here and exactly the same issues as Mr. Gunnis. It started out in ArchiCAD 22, I went back to AC21 as it crashed 4 times a day and now I have this find and select bug in both. My office's tech support recommended reporting the crashs as they have no clue how to solve this; which I have done so far. Hope a solution will come soon.

Decker
Barry Kelly
It looks like it may have been fixed in update 6000 for version 22.
It is mentioned in the list of fixes.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=66620

This is a 'Preview' release update at the moment though - has been for quite some time.
I would assume the real release can't be too far away - but who knows with 23 on the way.
It should be fine to install but it probably won't be the final update.

I don't see that it is in the 8000 'Preview' update for 21 though as it is not listed as a fix.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!