Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD 22 Solo - Curtain Wall tool does not turn to sunshine icon to set outside of wall

ObviousAlias
Participant
Pretty much as the subject describes - when I use the curtain wall tool, after placing the curtain wall, the cursor does not automatically become the little sunshine icon so that I can set which side of the wall is the exterior. I've tried in multiple files and it seems to be a consistent issue.

Anyone have any ideas?
I like cheese.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
In 22 the placement method has changed so it is more like a wall or railing where you see the reference line and the curtain wall position as you place it.
If the curtain wall is not on the correct side of the reference line you have a 'Flip' option.

You also have panel offset options so you can choose the offset of the curtain wall away from the reference line.
Depending on the construction of your curtain wall will determine if you offset from the center of the panel or the face of the frames.
Either way you will see a preview of the wall as you place it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly
In 22 the placement method has changed so it is more like a wall or railing where you see the reference line and the curtain wall position as you place it.
If the curtain wall is not on the correct side of the reference line you have a 'Flip' option.

You also have panel offset options so you can choose the offset of the curtain wall away from the reference line.
Depending on the construction of your curtain wall will determine if you offset from the center of the panel or the face of the frames.
Either way you will see a preview of the wall as you place it.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
ObviousAlias
Participant
Many thanks Barry. I'm trying to follow along with the Beginner online tutorial just to get started and that video must have been made with a previous version. Now that I know this info from you, it makes much more sense!

I like cheese.
Barry Kelly
If it is an older tutorial (not done for 22) then you will find the curtain wall quite different as it was changed in 22.
You can see some Youtube movies for the 22 curtain wall here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnXY6vLUwlWVy5Rz3QrauRciNh7_2DDyf

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27