BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 24 on High-end Microsoft Surface Studio 2 running SLOW

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

We run ArchiCAD 24. We bought new Microsoft Surface Studio 2 (PN LAL-00018) computers expecting to get good performance in ArchiCAD, but it seems that they are slower than the old computers (iMac 2014).
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/business/surface-studio-2

- Do you have any experience with customers using this type of PC? Is this a “recommended” configuration for ArchiCAD?
- Can we tweak any setting to run better?
- Any driver updates?

Thank you,

Sistem Surface Studio 2 for Business

Display: 4500 x 3000 pixels
- Touchscreen Yes
- Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ, Quad Core, 2.9 – 3.9 Ghz
- RAM 32 GB
- SSD 1TB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 8Gb
- Windows 10 Pro
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
For a start I would make sure that windows is fully up to data, you will need to run windows update several times in a row as windows updates are not like macOS updates where old updates are rolled into new updates. Then I would login to nvidia’s site and download the latest ‘studio’ driver for your cards and do a clean install of the driver making sure that the experience software is not installed.
The hardware of the MS Studio workstation is already approaching 4 years old and is consumer focussed more than workstation focussed, but that is what you get in an all in one format

Scott
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
moisem wrote:
Hello,

We run ArchiCAD 24. We bought new Microsoft Surface Studio 2 (PN LAL-00018) computers expecting to get good performance in ArchiCAD, but it seems that they are slower than the old computers (iMac 2014).
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/business/surface-studio-2

- Do you have any experience with customers using this type of PC? Is this a “recommended” configuration for ArchiCAD?
- Can we tweak any setting to run better?
- Any driver updates?

Thank you,

Sistem Surface Studio 2 for Business

Display: 4500 x 3000 pixels
- Touchscreen Yes
- Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ, Quad Core, 2.9 – 3.9 Ghz
- RAM 32 GB
- SSD 1TB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 8Gb
- Windows 10 Pro
Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

Based on the specs sheet, I believe this should not have any performance issue with Archicad. Could you clarify during which operation does it feel slow? Is it file-related, or does it happen even with a blank template file?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!