Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD Crashes every time I quit

kevin b
Contributor
Anyone have this issue, or know how to fix it? Whenever I quit ArchiCAD it crashes, I get Bug Reporter, I send it in. Does not matter whether its a solo or TW file, or which version 20, 21 or 22. Does not seem to lose any data. I do not get the file was open on crash thing the next time I start up. So it is an annoyance, more than anything. But it has been going on for quite some time and it is very annoying at the end of the day if I have multiple instances open, and have to shut them all down.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
5 REPLIES 5
You had to try these :
- Update your Archicad
- Delete all the plist files into the Finder/library/Preferences
- Restart Archicad
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

If your ARCHICAD is still crashing, if you send me the Bug ID you get when you send in the crash report, I can take a look at the system, to see if this is a common issue (hopefully with a simple solution).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I had this issue after I installed the Solibri SMC link plug-in. Unistalled the plug-in and it stopped crashing
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
kevin b
Contributor
@ fuzzytnth3 that was totally it!!! I removed the SMC add-on and no more crashing. I have had this issue for over a year and sent every crash report to GS with nothing. You have saved the day.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Glad to have helped
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics