BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD Training Guide - problems with running

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey people

Im a new user of the ArchiCAD software. Today i downloaded the ArchiCAD training guide fpr windows XP and installed it. Massive file (780mb). any way when i went to open it i go the following message.

No data is allowed between educational and commercial projects. To perform this operation, you should first convert the commercial-version file to an EDU version, by opening it in an EDU-mode ArchiCAD and then resaving it,

Un teamwork mode you need to reshare you EDU project before you sign in.

Has anyone got any idea how to fix this, as i have no idea what i have to do, and the help files where of no help.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like the training guide requires you to use the educational version.
tats
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Thank you for downloading Interactive training guide!
Our training guide is made for BOTH Commercial and EDU Archicad users. The reason you will see this warning message is because, the file was prepared using commercial version.
You might also encounter a warning message "This file has been saved in a language version that is different....". But those messages shouldn't be a problem to open files and run the training.

Good luck

tats
Graphisoft - Product management team
tats
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear tats @ GSHQ,

I asked this question here.

Do you know if the Guide was updated? Should I re-download the "new" version?
tats
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Jay,
It has been updated several times since first became available for download. I suggest you to use the latest copy!
tats
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem as the first person in this thread...i downloaded archicad educational version (teamwork) for mac from graphisofts website, i also downloaded the huge tutorial (just dl'ed it a couple days ago). all the video's work fine, but when i try to open the project files i get:

No data is allowed between educational and commercial projects. To perform this operation, you should first convert the commercial-version file to an EDU version, by opening it in an EDU-mode ArchiCAD and then resaving it,

In teamwork mode you need to reshare your EDU project before you sign in.

I'm not sure what i'm suppose to do, how do i reshare before i sign in?? and the file isn't a .edu file anyways, its a .pla file.
Thomas Holm
Booster
djkunalp wrote:
and the file isn't a .edu file anyways, its a .pla file.
That's the key. Just save it (maybe under a new name), close it and then re-open the newly saved file.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
but the file won't open at all...when i try to open it, i get the error messege and get a blank new document.
stefan
Expert
I have no problems with the ITG on either Mac or PC. I haven't tried them with the edu version, though.

EDU and Commercial versions are identical, apart from the fact that the EDU version toggles some switch in any file it saves or creates, to turn it into an EDU file. This is a regular (compatible) pln file, but permanently altered to display the EDU watermarks.

In short, for students there is no 'problem': they will have the banner always. For commercial clients: do not use files that passed through an EDU version, apart from viewing and printing. Do not use them in your projects or you'll inherit the watermark.

I think it is a fair protection against commercially abusing the EDU version.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Markus Denzlinger
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Do not open commercial files by double clicking on the file. Open it using the ARCHICAD open dialog box.

regards

Markus
Learn and get certified!