Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD can't find License Key

toman311
Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

I recently started having problems with ArchiCAD not recognizing my license key. The problem stops and says it cannot find the license and gives me the options, "Quit and Don't Save" or "Save and Quit".

So, I pick an option and try to reopen ArchiCAD and get the following message:
"Unable to access CodeMeter driver. The License Manager Tool could not establish a connection to the CodeMeter service. The CodeMeter service might be not responding or not running on this computer. Restart CodeMeter and try again. If the issue persists, try to reinstall your CodeMeter driver."

I get the options "Quit" or "Retry". No matter how many times I hit "Retry", nothing happens.

I'm not real sure what to do with this problem.

If I restart the computer, ArchiCAD works again. I don't know why that is.

Under CodeMeter Control Center, it says CodeMeter has stopped.
"No CodeMeter License information available. No CmContainer found."
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had this problem. What worked for me was not choosing an option but to leave AC open, remove and re-insert the key, and wait some seconds for AC to recognize it. After that the popup window goes away and I can continue working.

Unfortunately I don't know what causes this problem. And it was with an AC20 shared key.