BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD cannot find protection key? HELP...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I am running ArchiCAD 8.1 on a Mac OS X 10.2.8 and I can't seem to figure out why it is having problems finding the protection key..?! Any help on solving this problem will be much appreciated. Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14
__archiben
Booster
junior wrote:
Yes, I am running ArchiCAD 8.1 on a Mac OS X 10.2.8 and I can't seem to figure out why it is having problems finding the protection key..?! Any help on solving this problem will be much appreciated. Thanks!
try downloading and installing the WIBU drivers again. does that help?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
junior wrote:
Is it possible that you have the key plug connected to your keyboard?
If you do you will need to move it to an available port on your computer,
reason being is that the is not enough power going to the keyboard for the OS to drive the key plug.

Cheers,
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Karl Ottenstein
Ben wrote:
Is it possible that you have the key plug connected to your keyboard?
If you do you will need to move it to an available port on your computer,
reason being is that the is not enough power going to the keyboard for the OS to drive the key plug.
Huh. Works fine in my keyboard port.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Yes quiet strange really.Every time I plug a USB key plug into my MAC keyboard I get an error message, some thing along the lines of, "Not enough power to run the attached devise on the keyboard"

It started happening when I received my new G5, about 12 months ago.
On my old G4 I never had a problem.

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
junior wrote:
Check to make sure that classic is not running. Everytime I have classic open the key does not respond for about a second or two.
__archiben
Booster
Ben wrote:
Yes quiet strange really.Every time I plug a USB key plug into my MAC keyboard I get an error message, some thing along the lines of, "Not enough power to run the attached devise on the keyboard"

It started happening when I received my new G5, about 12 months ago.
On my old G4 I never had a problem.
it is strange . . . i saw this for the first time last week on a machine here. the AC keyplug was plugged into a keyboard but we needed to swap some data quickly with a guy who's laptop wasn't on the network. so we unplugged the keyplug and plugged in my USB data key - only to get the "not enough power..." message. but swapping back the AC WIBU everything was fine. this was an OSX 10.3.x machine, but with an old-style G4 graphite keyboard. i assumed it was just the age of the keyboard . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Aussie John
Newcomer
I used to use the keyboard then started getting messages that there was not enough power so had to move it to my monitor USB port. I had used a different dongle ( was changed while I was in the main office) so maybe all dongles arent equal
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
junior wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. I tried re-installing the wibu drivers but I still get the same results. Its on network and when I open AC on the Windows PC, it works great. When I try to open AC on the Mac, it displays a "protection key not found" message. Take note : for both cases ... the wibu key is plugged into the Mac.
__archiben
Booster
junior wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. I tried re-installing the wibu drivers but I still get the same results. Its on network and when I open AC on the Windows PC, it works great. When I try to open AC on the Mac, it displays a "protection key not found" message. Take note : for both cases ... the wibu key is plugged into the Mac.
the mac is running the keyserver software but it can't find itself? or is it another mac that can't find the keyserver?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Learn and get certified!