Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD cannot launch - MEP Modeler add-on missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am experiencing a problem that has been discussed on this forum in the past but still cannot find a solution that will work for me. I am running the professional version ArchiCad 14 on a MacBook Pro and just recently started getting the following error when I try to start up my program:

Problem: ArchiCAD could not be launched because the following add-ons are
missing:
MEP Modeler

In order for ArchiCAD to start, these add-ons must be placed in this folder:
Macintosh HD:Applications:Graphisoft:ArchiCAD 14:Add-Ons:Import-Export

The add-on is already placed in the correct folder so I'm not sure what the issue is. We first tried to repair the program with the disk which did not work. Then we did a full re-install of the program. This fixed the problem under my administrator login but not my personal user login. I work on a teamworks BIM Server so I need to maintain the same hotfix as everyone else in the office. I am the only person in our office who seems to be having this problem.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone in my office figured this out. I will share for everyone's future reference.

We went into Library - Application Support - Graphisoft and deleted the entire Graphisoft folder. It will recreate the folder the next time you run ArchiCad.
We also deleted the Graphisoft folder in Library - Preferences.

I guess it was some corrupted files that were attached to my user profile, this seems to have solved the problem.