Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD goes non responsive, possible bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the second time it has occurred, so I've decided to post it here.

So here's what happened: Both times, I was just doing regular editing here and there, all went well, until I came across this little group of 2D images

I saved together as one object. It's basically the bottom plate of my wall. See attached image. The problem is, the plate occupies the complete bottom of the wall ( I'm lazy to create a complex profile, and since I only need to display it in detail I didn't model it in 3D ), but in the picture you can see that the insulation seems to be put inside the wall.

I decided to fix this by adding a white fill. Since I'll be using this plate on other detail drawings, I saved the white fill and the bottom plate as a new object. After doing so, I placed it on my drawing.

All seems ok... until I click on 'Object' again... the computer was totally stuck...Ctrl-Alt-Delete did nothing, restarting the computer was the only option.

But... I just want to know... why what how is it that a white fill and some 2d objects have such a great effect? The auto saved file also cannot be opened, I had to use the bpn file. Wasted about two hours of my time. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG
0 REPLIES 0