BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

ArchiCAD mystery price

qbic-ft
Booster
I'm a Revit user trying to move away from Autodesk, but looking on-line for the "Real Price" of Archicad is almost impossible. If you go Graphisoft they send you to a reseller, the resellers don't show the prices...Then you contact a reseller and the price I got from them in the USA is $2000 higher than a price I found from a reseller in Europe. What is the real price of Archicad full and Solo?
Can I buy a license on-line from any re-seller or I have to buy it from the one in my area?

Please, Graphisoft...If you want to take a bigger share of the market, please show the price or sell it directly... It feels like I'm dealing with dealer of used cars.

Thanks,

Fernando
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The Dutch Reseller has all prices listed on their website. Not sure which region you are in, but for local support it is probably best to go local. Especially if there is a localised version of ArchiCAD where you are.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
qbic-ft
Booster
Thank Erwin,

Every reseller should have the base price available online...Contact the reseller for pricing could mean they can charge whatever they want, and it looks like they do. For people like me that I'm trying to switch is not only the value of AC; I have to drop my Autodesk perpetual licenses( over $25,000 in 15 years for one seat of Revit, Autocad, 3ds max, etc) plus all the money in 3ds max libraries. I got the ultimatum from AD to switch to subscription or 2020 is my last year where I would get access to the latest versions.

I hope Graphisoft takes this move from AU to take more shares of the market.

Fernando
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Fernando,

I'm just a user but understand your frustration. Global prices vary based on markets, and each language version is supported in some special ways by regional distributors (special localized libraries etc) which affects end pricing as well. Since you are in the USA, you need/want to purchase a USA version with the US library (and which treats the ground floor as Story 1 vs international versions which treat it as Story 0)....

Resellers can guide you to which version makes the most sense for you financially, as well as offer discounts depending on volume, etc. For example, you might start with SOLO which is much cheaper than a professional license... but then your full purchase price can be applied to a Pro license later, letting you phase in to the learning process. There are also rental licenses for short term try-before-you-jump-in, since the Demo license - while great for exploring - doesn't let you save or print.

Graphisoft North America supports all of the US and Canada. You can hover over this map to find the reseller assigned to your state or province (or in the case of several large states, your portion of your state).

https://blog.graphisoftus.com/contact-us
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
qbic-ft
Booster
Thank Karl for your feedback,
I assume the 1st floor as floor one or zero can be modified in your custom template; A reseller mentioned to me that Archicad is the same for everybody, so the US library may be inside or one needs to load it, they said the difference is the languages. The Problem is I got two quotes, one from the US and the other one from Europe with a difference in the price of $2,000. .. IF the difference was $200 is one thing, but 2K means there is a big difference between versions or I would be overpaying for it.

I'm new in the Graphisoft environment and I don't want to start with the wrong foot felling that somebody took advantage of me. That is the main reason why I'm leaving Autodesk; I refuse to play their games after all the money a paid.

Thanks,

Fernando
Karl Ottenstein
No, the Story 1 vs Story 0 is hard-coded and cannot be changed. The INT version is free for all, so a US person who does work in other countries can get a copy of INT, but the USA version is only available to US customers AFAIK.

But, AFAIK, you cannot get tech support / upgrades etc for a non-local version. Maybe I'm wrong. Long ago, the US version was the cheapest in the world, as there was an incentive to try to convert Autodesk customers.

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples, as one of your prices might have included an annual subscription fee (tech support, extra resources, and upgrade included) and the other might be a base license. The European price might also have been before VAT tax is applied. Also, check that there isn't a promotion to give you a discount for your Autodesk licenses.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!