Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD startup problems

Maged Ibrahim
Newcomer
ArchiCAD suddenly starts to crash at startup although it was working fine on the same machine for more than two years.  We uninstalled ArchiCAD then try to install it again we got and error message we attached its screen shot.  To overcome this installation problem since it occures during wibu driver installation we installed wibu driver first then ArchiCAD 12.  the tried to start ArchiCAd 12 we got the same crash. Does any one face this problem that ArchiCAD 12+ Mac OS 10.6.3 make archicad does not start and launch the bug report?
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not very familiar with the Mac now but the screenshot you mentioned is not attached to the post.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Maged Ibrahim
Newcomer
Sorry for the attachment but we found out that a ArchiCAD 12 wibu driver is the cause of the crash we deleted wibu driver and down load the driver version 5.3 as garaphisoft instructed and posted it on it's sight but the problem is the same. The ArchiCAD work only if we start Mac in the safe mode.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maged,

1) I understand this was working before.... but, normal installation is AC first, with wibukey NOT plugged in, then install wibu.
2) If this AC was working fine and you made no changes to it prior to problems, then, you most likely need to start some computer maintenance. Such running virus, worm and spy-ware detection and removal software.
3) After 3 years, you may be running out of free disk space or have too many programs that load themselves into memory. I don't know the MAc version of getting rid of memory resident programs, but doing that on your Mac might help.
4) Remember to actually run an "uninstall" of AC, don't just reload it with the repair option, fully remove it.
5) Post your equipment information, such as: RAM memory, AC version and Hotfix #.
6) What did the screen shot tell you about the problem? Quote the error message on this forum, that might help.
HTH,
Snap
Maged Ibrahim
Newcomer
well thanks for trying to help in fact the point is ArchiCAD was working till i upgraded the MAC OS to 10.6.3 from 10.6.2. i tried everything you mentioned regarding uninstall and install etc.... The point is ArchiCAD will work if i started MAC in safe mode and will not crash!! that means one of the normal startup loaded programs make that conflict. i passed all info to Tech support and they still searching. My Mac is MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz with 4 GB RAM and 110 GB free HD space, running Mac OS 10.6.3.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps ask your reseller to run a test by using a different WIBU key. Perhaps then you could isolate the issue to the WIBU key or otherwise. Its worth a try.
Maged Ibrahim
Newcomer
I was ArchiCAD distributor in my are till two years ago. I am also The main ArchiCAD tech support in my area since 1993 till end of 2008. I isolate the problem that it is the wibu driver with MAC OS startup items that do not start in the safe mode and start in the normal start up. I could not go further in my test but I passed the full info and results to GRAPHISOFT tech support team and it took long time now with no answer. The new ArchiCAD sole distributor after now I have much more knowledge than him. I am using ArchiCAD since 1988. I post this case here so that it might faced someone and solve it.
Karl Ottenstein
The crash with Snow Leopard sounds like the well-known issue of certain fonts in Snow Leopard. See "crashes on startup" in the wiki article:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/SnowLeopard

If you can post the first page of the Apple crash report, I can probably confirm that for you, or maybe point you in another direction.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Maged Ibrahim
Newcomer
which page do you mean? the first page from Graphisoft bug report? I am sure that the wibu driver is the cause with MAC OS 10.6.3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the crash report Karl is referring to can be found at ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter .

Please provide it, it will help others if you can find a resolution.