Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD startup problems

Maged Ibrahim
Newcomer
ArchiCAD suddenly starts to crash at startup although it was working fine on the same machine for more than two years.  We uninstalled ArchiCAD then try to install it again we got and error message we attached its screen shot.  To overcome this installation problem since it occures during wibu driver installation we installed wibu driver first then ArchiCAD 12.  the tried to start ArchiCAd 12 we got the same crash. Does any one face this problem that ArchiCAD 12+ Mac OS 10.6.3 make archicad does not start and launch the bug report?
14 REPLIES 14
Karl Ottenstein
George wrote:
I think the crash report Karl is referring to can be found at ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter .

Please provide it, it will help others if you can find a resolution.
Yes, thanks George/

Alternatively, Maged, to get to the same info, you can launch the Console application, in the View menu select "Show Log List" (if there is no left panel listing the logs). Then click through to FILES > ~/Library/Logs > CrashReporter and click on the recently dated ArchiCAD crash entry. You can select and copy part of the log entries from the right panel.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,

I am currently on vacation, therefore do not use AC 14 regularly. I installed AC14 originally and was able to launch it without a hitch. Yesterday (about 14 days after the last time I launched the software), following up on a question from a colleague, AC 14 crashes on startup. It displays the opening dialog box in which to choose between a new project and an existing file. Then it opens the drawing window and all palettes, but the toolbox on the left is conspicuously empty. A few seconds later the Spinning Beach Ball starts and does not stop anymore.

After a few minutes I force-end the application on my Mac (specs below). I doubt that it is the WibuKey driver as all the previous versions of ArchiCAD I have installed (back to version 10) appear to launch and work properly.

I deinstalled AC14 using Graphisoft's own software, then reinstalled ArchiCAD. No change.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Florian

[/img]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,

There was a simple solution to my problem: patience. Apparently something **was** happening in the background. After about 15min ArchiCAD presented a Dialog Box and some info on how long several files had *not* been used.

After clicking that Dialog Box ok, the software appears to be working normal now.

Florian
jatassoc
Participant
We ran into this problem of crash on start when we upgraded to OSX 10.6.3 on our MacPro. You can determine if fonts are the issue if you open Apple's FontBook and in the File drop down menu select Validate Fonts. This will find any bad or questionable fonts. Delete or Disable the questionable fonts from the font folder using FontBook. Then try to start ArchiCAD as usual. Also ArhicadWiki has a list of some questionable fonts that should be removed.
Hope this helps
Maged Ibrahim
Newcomer
I would like to withdraw your attention to the fact that ArchiCAD 12 will start normally without any crash if we start the MAC OS in Safe mode!