BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD will not start - Help!!

Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Panic attack threatening to start here. I have AC 12, 13, and 14 all installed and was working in 14. I got called out of the office and left the program running for about 2 hours. During that time my screen saver would have come on and is set up to defrag my hard drive using a program called MyDefrag. When I got back I closed the program which seemed to go OK.

A short while later I tried to open the file and AC will boot past the splash screen and then to a blank grey screen and displays "Program not Responding" message in the top bar. I have tried rebooting several times, unplugging and replugging in the WIBU key. AC 12 and 13 will not start either, same response. All other windows programs seem to be working OK.

Am I looking at a total reinstall? Anyone got any other ideas before I get started as it happens I have a deadline.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
1 REPLY 1
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Well I guess no one had seen this one by the number of responses. I ended trying reinstalling AC 14 thinking that might restore a needed file that had possibly become corrupted. Did not work so I did a System Restore to a point a few days ago and this worked but I now have issues with Windows Internet Explorer 32 bit and Firefox. Oh well at least I can now finish my project for Monday.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Learn and get certified!