Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD25 bug on Monterey

VladGoo
Contributor

Hello,

my ArchiCAD25 give me a bug when I exit from a project workspace since I installed new version, MacOS Monterey. Have you any idea when will come a update for Archicad who solve this problem or if it's ok to use the program in this condition? 

Best regards VT

46 REPLIES 46

@Sinisa Lazarevic ...well, since the title of this thread is ARCHICAD 25 ... the answer would be "no", this is not the correct thread.  But, there is no thread about AC24 70xx ... and Graphisoft has only announced the AC 25 update so far.  Feel free to start a new thread for "When will AC24 70xx Update be available" 🙂

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
timdelheyeian
Booster

So I am running AC25 (4013) now on a MacBook Pro M1 Max and macOS 12.01. The latest installer had no problems completing the install cleanly. The Wibu Key driver works. However, I chose to load the latest version from Wibu's website, which I have done in the past as well, as Graphisoft often includes an older version than what is current. 

For the most part, I see AC run just fine. There are some graphical differences (most likely due to Monterey, not the M1 Mac) but none so severe or funky that I could not work as normal. My current projects run much, much faster—as they should with this much horsepower. The 3D window in particular is much quicker but I also clearly notice zoom and pan performance in 2D. No crashes after the first day of work. However, I have had some issues with dimensioning and slowdowns in a file that has a very complicated mesh site. I need to simplify this mesh—on my MacIntel it had been almost unusable. So I am not going to use this as a best use case for a problem just yet. I'll keep posting if I see something go topsy turvy. Based on what I see in the Rosetta emulation right now, I cannot wait to have AC26 with native support for M1 and the internal AppleSilicon graphics. 

Certified Passive House Designer
ArchiCAD 26 (started with v4)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, 32-core graphics
Ebatte
Booster

Got my maxed out M1 max over the weekend and all I can say is wow! Its hard to believe this is a laptop. The speed is phenomenal and the silence...no fan noise at all. Battery life is exceptional. Best laptop I've ever used, without question.

AC25 build 4013 seems to be stable so far. I'll need the AC24 update when it is made available, but I can deal with the crash-on-quit problem just by never quitting 😉

Twinmotion also seems to be fast and stable.

I'm really looking forward to AC optimized for Apple silicon. It should be really impressive. GS, please make that a priority over any other new features.

In my business, the recent versions of AC have gotten into the habit of providing new features that have zero affect on our workflow. Apple Silicon optimization will.

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27
VladGoo
Contributor

Hello again!

So now it’s ok to instal Monterey on may MacBook Pro intel?
It doesn’t give any bug in the moment when we quit from a project or when we work on it?

Best regards,
      VT

I have not run that combination and I don't think GS is recommending that, yet. I am using Monterey only because the new MacBook Pro ships with it and cannot be back graded. On the M1 Max, AC25 4013 on macOS 12.0.1 appears to be working with the files I am using but that is not a general guarantee for your files, or hardware/ macOS setup. 

Certified Passive House Designer
ArchiCAD 26 (started with v4)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, 32-core graphics

Mhm... Ok, on this version of ArchiCAD25 4013 I have a problem when I want to make a 3D Terrain. When I want to select a polyline in Mesh Tool, the program is crashing.

Maybe is good to know to check this to for next update.

Thanks 🙏

After upgrading to Monterey OS we discovered an issue with the Open and Save dialog boxes. You might try the linked solution for save dialogs where as it also worked for a user that was having issues saving with Monterey and Archicad 25. Until Graphisoft releases an update try solving the issue with two Terminal commands as we describe in a Blog article we posted at this link >>

Hello,

just wanted to know, whether zoom, pan and 3d orbiting is smooth, as desktop?

your guidance will help me in taking the decision on purchase.

Yes, zoom, pan, orbit are all at least as good as our iMacs, if not better. I haven’t done any real testing but updating of drawings on layouts seems faster than the intel iMacs.

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27

Hello,

Just wanted to know, whether AC25 4013 build also crashes on quit or is it a stable version.

Thanks…