Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Setup & License forum

ArchiCAD25 bug on Monterey

VladGoo
Contributor

Hello,

my ArchiCAD25 give me a bug when I exit from a project workspace since I installed new version, MacOS Monterey. Have you any idea when will come a update for Archicad who solve this problem or if it's ok to use the program in this condition? 

Best regards VT

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Solution
timdelheyeian
Booster

Graphisoft US says that you need a version 40XX to run on Monterey. Graphisoft Germany says that such a version may be released next week. 

In general, Graphisoft US recommends to wait 6 months past the release of a new macOS before switching, which is impossible to do when you buy a new Mac as they can typically not be back graded. 

Certified Passive House Designer
ArchiCAD 25 (started with v4)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, 32-core graphics

View solution in original post

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

@VladGoo  See this article:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/MacOS-12-Monterey/ta-p/309154

As @timdelheyeian stated, some of the international distributors have suggested on their web sites that an update may be arriving in the next few weeks.

It has always been ill-advised to update to a new MacOS until Graphisoft gives the green light.  As Tim stated, this is a frustrating issue for people buying new Macs, as there is no option to have them delivered with the prior OS.

One of the forum moderators   •   AC 26 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.8, iMac Pro

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

Sinisa Lazarevic
Participant

AC25 4013 stable on my M1 MacBook Pro 2020. No crashes, usual wide open and save as display issue as before only thing that freezes and requires force quit is trying to switch to Redshift renderer option. Could be something to do with how Australian version is licensed to allow that option to work, none the less if licence is the issue warning message would be better than outright freeze.

Phil_Allsopp
Participant

I too am having problems even installing the Direct Link.  All I get from the Twinmotion web site's Datasmith page are three bundle files for AC 23, 24 and 25 - but no installer.  So right now Twinmotion is unavailable to me

AC25 4013 USA FULL

macOS Monterey 12.0.1

iMac Pro (2017)

64GB 2666 Mhz DDR4,

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W,

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

I'm running macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Hi Phil,

Actually due to changes to Twinmotion export tool flagged about six months ago using Twinmotion has changed with Datasmith exporter. Twinmotion works fine foe me using their installation method described on their site ie copying the bundles provided into import/export folder of each AC version. However for older projects you would have to install previous Twinmotion direct link tool for AC24 from their archived section. I have installed that  package and it works as it did before. Link and screenshot of archived version below. Hope it helps. Keep in mind to read up on installation method and use of new exporter for new projects going forward.

https://www.twinmotion.com/plugins/Archicad

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 06.36.34.png

Eduardo Rolon

So… in about 4 weeks 😎

eduardo rolón AIA NCARB
Another of the forum moderators.
Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 10.XX latest
AC25 US/INT -> AC08
Puerto Rico, BVI, Miami

Vectorworks 2022

timdelheyeian
Booster

After a few weeks of work I am finding some items that do not seem to work properly. I have now upgraded macOS to 12.1 and also done a Repair with the Archicad 4013 installation just to ensure that all is well from an install perspective. 

What is not working are renderings. While both Maxon and Redshift can be called up, neither renderer is currently completing renderings for me. They start and then stall out. Sometimes I get a message that Maxon quit unexpectedly and that I need to restart Archicad. 

timdelheyeian
Booster

When switching between Maxon Standard and Redshift, I also at times get a message that my hardware is not compatible. Before macOS 12.1 (on 12.0.1) I would get this message every time I try to call up Redshift. 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Here is my take on this:

I am not a software developer, but I think software development is very complex and has a lot of dependencies. As far as I know, Archicad internally has various components that are licensed from other companies (e.g. I think: PDF exporter, IFC translator, DWG/DXF translators, Rendering Engines, Energy Evaluation Engine, probably there are many more). Archicad can be Apple Silicon-compatible only if all these critical other components also become Apple Silicon-compatible first, otherwise the Apple Silicon-compatible version of Archicad would have to be released without those feature. And I heard from various sources that certain companies will not create Apple Silicon-compatible versions of their software. For example, I read in CAD news that one 3D modeling kernel developer (sorry, I don't remember which one) decided to not develop an Apple Silicon-compatible version so all those companies that used it have to find some other solution.

Or, some companies may not be in such a rush to develop the Apple Silicon-compatible version, as most of their sales comes from Windows and they have other priorities. 

So, I think it is not entirely Graphisoft's decision whether it makes an Apple Silicon-compatible as soon as possible because it may have to wait until it actually becomes feasible due to these dependencies.

....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC26
Loving Archicad since 1995

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!