Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Setup & License forum

ArchiCAD25 bug on Monterey

VladGoo
Contributor

Hello,

my ArchiCAD25 give me a bug when I exit from a project workspace since I installed new version, MacOS Monterey. Have you any idea when will come a update for Archicad who solve this problem or if it's ok to use the program in this condition? 

Best regards VT

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Solution
timdelheyeian
Booster

Graphisoft US says that you need a version 40XX to run on Monterey. Graphisoft Germany says that such a version may be released next week. 

In general, Graphisoft US recommends to wait 6 months past the release of a new macOS before switching, which is impossible to do when you buy a new Mac as they can typically not be back graded. 

Certified Passive House Designer
ArchiCAD 25 (started with v4)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, 32-core graphics

View solution in original post

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

@VladGoo  See this article:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/MacOS-12-Monterey/ta-p/309154

As @timdelheyeian stated, some of the international distributors have suggested on their web sites that an update may be arriving in the next few weeks.

It has always been ill-advised to update to a new MacOS until Graphisoft gives the green light.  As Tim stated, this is a frustrating issue for people buying new Macs, as there is no option to have them delivered with the prior OS.

One of the forum moderators   •   AC 26 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.8, iMac Pro

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

Sinisa Lazarevic
Participant

Replies acknowledged. Update 2 downloaded and as issue persisted OSX Monterey fully reinstalled. AC25 appears to be behaving as expected. We now wait for update to AC24 to solve crash on quitting. Let's hope this is the last I see about this as my previous OSX Monterey repair only worked for about 2 hours when it all fell apart again and 4 hours restoring it all should be worth it. And then one of these years we might even see Apple M1 version appear.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All,

Thank you very much for the discussion about Archicad 25 on Monterey!

We have solved the Check for Updates issue, so you will be able to receive the update through this feature now. Please let us know if anything goes wrong!

Thank you very much Karl for pointing it out! Yes, Update 2 (40xx) will ensure compatibility for Archicad 25 with macOS Monterey. If you find any problem, I encourage you to report it immediately to your local support, as the problem might be related to the specific computer.

Feel free to let us know if you have any comments or if you encounter any unexpected issues with Archicad 25 on Monterey!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hello Nguyễn,

I have been using Archicad 25 on my M1 Max 16" MacBook Pro and I can say that performance gains are really visible and excellent. It runs very smooth like a desktop on my MacBook Pro. Graphically and Speed wise the gains are phenomenal.

However, I am facing very annoying issue with macOS Monterey. I have installed update 2 of Archicad 25. The problem is I cannot resize the open and save dialogue box. I can increase the width of the dialogue box. But once the width of the dialogue box is increased, it is impossible to decrease it back. In such case, using open and save dialogue box have become very frustrating, as I had already increased the width of the dialogue boxes.

Pl. help, if there is any work around.

Thanks & with Regards,

Rikhav

@rikhav wrote:

The problem is I cannot resize the open and save dialogue box. I can increase the width of the dialogue box. But once the width of the dialogue box is increased, it is impossible to decrease it back. In such case, using open and save dialogue box have become very frustrating, as I had already increased the width of the dialogue boxes.

Pl. help, if there is any work around.

This is a known issue  that you can read about here ... https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/MacOS-12-Monterey/ta-p/309154

In the replies you will find some solutions.

But hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your guidance and help.

I have found the work arounds for the problem, from the link that you shared.

Regards,

Rikhav

Hello, I have the same problem, I just bought a nem Mac book pro with M1 chip, were can I download the Archicad 25 update for this nem Macbook Pro ? 

Thanks 

André 

Currently, there is no native Archicad version for Apple Silicon (e.g. Macbook Pros with M1/M1 Pro chips). Here is an article that talks about it:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/ARM-Mac-support/ta-p/304108

In the article they say:

According to our plans a full commercial release of Archicad 
natively running on the ARM architecture is to be expected in 2022.
....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Haha hilarious! For a program that is supposed to be Mac based it's pretty sad that Graphisoft is not in front of these kinds of things. Do they have zero relationship with Apple? 

Sinisa Lazarevic
Participant

I was just wandering and not sure if this is the correct tread what is the status of AC24 70XX update? It doesn't seem to be appearing on Graphisoft downloads site as yet.

@Sinisa Lazarevic ...well, since the title of this thread is ARCHICAD 25 ... the answer would be "no", this is not the correct thread.  But, there is no thread about AC24 70xx ... and Graphisoft has only announced the AC 25 update so far.  Feel free to start a new thread for "When will AC24 70xx Update be available" 🙂

One of the forum moderators   •   AC 26 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.8, iMac Pro

timdelheyeian
Booster

So I am running AC25 (4013) now on a MacBook Pro M1 Max and macOS 12.01. The latest installer had no problems completing the install cleanly. The Wibu Key driver works. However, I chose to load the latest version from Wibu's website, which I have done in the past as well, as Graphisoft often includes an older version than what is current. 

For the most part, I see AC run just fine. There are some graphical differences (most likely due to Monterey, not the M1 Mac) but none so severe or funky that I could not work as normal. My current projects run much, much faster—as they should with this much horsepower. The 3D window in particular is much quicker but I also clearly notice zoom and pan performance in 2D. No crashes after the first day of work. However, I have had some issues with dimensioning and slowdowns in a file that has a very complicated mesh site. I need to simplify this mesh—on my MacIntel it had been almost unusable. So I am not going to use this as a best use case for a problem just yet. I'll keep posting if I see something go topsy turvy. Based on what I see in the Rosetta emulation right now, I cannot wait to have AC26 with native support for M1 and the internal AppleSilicon graphics. 

Ebatte
Contributor

Got my maxed out M1 max over the weekend and all I can say is wow! Its hard to believe this is a laptop. The speed is phenomenal and the silence...no fan noise at all. Battery life is exceptional. Best laptop I've ever used, without question.

AC25 build 4013 seems to be stable so far. I'll need the AC24 update when it is made available, but I can deal with the crash-on-quit problem just by never quitting 😉

Twinmotion also seems to be fast and stable.

I'm really looking forward to AC optimized for Apple silicon. It should be really impressive. GS, please make that a priority over any other new features.

In my business, the recent versions of AC have gotten into the habit of providing new features that have zero affect on our workflow. Apple Silicon optimization will.

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects

Hello,

just wanted to know, whether zoom, pan and 3d orbiting is smooth, as desktop?

your guidance will help me in taking the decision on purchase.

Yes, zoom, pan, orbit are all at least as good as our iMacs, if not better. I haven’t done any real testing but updating of drawings on layouts seems faster than the intel iMacs.

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects

Same experience here. Much faster than my MacIntel 2019. 

Hello,

Just wanted to know, whether AC25 4013 build also crashes on quit or is it a stable version.

Thanks…

I have not had a single crash of AC25 4013 on macOS 12.0.1.

VladGoo
Contributor

Hello again!

So now it’s ok to instal Monterey on may MacBook Pro intel?
It doesn’t give any bug in the moment when we quit from a project or when we work on it?

Best regards,
      VT

I have not run that combination and I don't think GS is recommending that, yet. I am using Monterey only because the new MacBook Pro ships with it and cannot be back graded. On the M1 Max, AC25 4013 on macOS 12.0.1 appears to be working with the files I am using but that is not a general guarantee for your files, or hardware/ macOS setup. 

Mhm... Ok, on this version of ArchiCAD25 4013 I have a problem when I want to make a 3D Terrain. When I want to select a polyline in Mesh Tool, the program is crashing.

Maybe is good to know to check this to for next update.

Thanks 🙏

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!