BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCad 9 on Windows 10

ahamilton2076
Participant
Hello.
This is my first post to this forum. I've been been using ArchiCad 9 since 2004. When Windows XP was phased out I stubbornly kept using the program on a XP computer, but it's been a pain.

I just recently upgraded to windows 10 and successfully installed ArchiCad 9, it works fine but only in the demo mode. The WIBU key is not recognized by Windows 10. I wonder if anyone else has seen this and would love to see if I can update/get new drivers for my key.

I don't use ArchiCad enough to justifly purchasing a copy that is currently certified to run on Windows 10.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan
Dan
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Try downloading the Windows 10 compatible WIBUKey driver here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/protection_key.html

If you're still stuck, run the AC "File Converter" version of 9 - with your existing US 9 (or whatever) library and template. As stated in the link,
you'll need QuickTime installed:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/fileconverter.html

Download the AC 9 USA package from that link and see if it'll run for you, possibly without your WIBU key.

If none of the above helps - or AC 9 doesn't run properly once it is running on Windows 10, you might (??) have to continue to run XP in a virtual machine on your Win 10 machine...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ahamilton2076
Participant
Hi Karl,

Thanks for the tips. I'll download the drivers and give it a go. I've thought about running a virtual xp machine instead of booting from a 2nd hard drive.

Have you had any experience with running a xp virtual machine and can you recommend one you've had experience with?

Thanks for your help. It will take me a few days to try this but I'll get back to you with the results.

Thanks for your help.
Dan
Learn and get certified!