Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiTerra 3 and ArchiCAD 11 Mac & MacIntel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Please, help me. I have a big problem with the last version of ArchiTerra for ArchiCAD 11 Mac & MacIntel.

Usually, I create my terrain in a .MOD file with ArchiTerra 3. So, in my project, I open the terrain as a linked module and I manipulate it (translation and rotation) to place it correctly. Unfortunately, with the last version, I can't do it, because the module disappear when I try to manipulate it.

It's only when I have 3D informations (ArchiTerra's mesh) on my .MOD file. In fact, With 2D informations, all is ok.
So, I can place the module with only 2D informations. But, when I add 3D informations on .MOD file and I update it on my project file, the module also disappear...

I have a lot of files like this (created with ArchiCAD 10). Heeelp !!!

Sorry for my english.

Friendly.
2 REPLIES 2
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The only possible workaround is to open the file where is your ArchiTerra terrain and save anything as object (BINARY will make anything faster but it depends on your 2D representation need).
Then use this object (also like module if you want) inside the other plan file.
If you need to change the terrain, just come back to the terrain project, make the modification, and save again anything as object overwriting the previous one, the project file (I mean the file where you inserted the terrain object) will be immediately updated.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot for your solution.

I will use that temporarily. Because, unfortunately, I lose the use of the sheets for the terrain.

With ArchiCAD 10, all was ok.
With ArchiCAD 11 and the first update of ArchiTerra, all was ok too (except for displacements which did not function correctly).
So, is an update envisaged to solve the problem ?

Friendly.