BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 10, 11 & 12 installation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

Just wondering if I could get some help/advice on installing Archicad versions 10, 11 and 12.

First of all, the user is currently on XP and we are moving onto Win7 machines in the near future (so need to be sure they're compliant). The user has mentioned that all 3 versions are needed for file conversion/editting purposes. Is this correct? Can he just use v12 instead to open files from v10 and 11?

Now for the installation. We have the install CDs and along with them, 3 usb/WIBU keys, I'm assuming they relate to each version. But not sure which one applies to which version. After reading some previous threads, I found that a WIBU driver would be needed, found that and the machine is now recognising the WIBU key.

I tested the install for v10 to start with, without the key plugged in. The install seemed to go through fine. However, when running from the Desktop, I keep getting an option to submit a bug report. Unfortunately, due to the corporate settings/firewall, this cannot be sent through. So I exit/cancel and when trying to open v10 again, I keep getting this option for the bug report.

So yeah, would really appreciate any assistance as the deadline is fast approaching.

I look forward to hearing from you

Sufyaan
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Sufyaan wrote:
The user has mentioned that all 3 versions are needed for file conversion/editting purposes. Is this correct? Can he just use v12 instead to open files from v10 and 11?

Now for the installation. We have the install CDs and along with them, 3 usb/WIBU keys, I'm assuming they relate to each version.
The WIBU key is not per-version, but per license. You'll have no idea what licenses are stored on a WIBU key without looking "inside". (If a key is authorized for AC 12, for example, it can run ALL versions prior to 12 as well.)

To see what is on each key - and then label them - go here:
https://upgrade.graphisoft.com

Select a keyplug and then click Check Keyplug to see a list of licenses that it contains.

Do NOT plug in the keyplug until after installation is complete and you have restarted the Windows machine. (There should be an installation instruction file on the installation disk with this info.)

The main reason that the client might need all of 11, 12 and 13 installed is because they may need the libraries from those versions if they didn't save their old projects as archives (PLA). No harm having lots of versions installed.

See this article on Windows 7 issues with 10, 11 and 12:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Windows%207
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to install version 10 on my MacBook Pro (Mactel). It's an older machine that I reset to factory settings a few months ago, wiping out all of my software.

I've downloaded the software via the link from Support (since the disk that came in the box doesn't work with Mountain Lion) but when I try to install the "Continue" button won't activate.

I've tried deleting Java7 but that didn't help. Anyone have any ideas?
Jefferson
Participant
Hi Karl -

I have been working through some glitches running ver 12 on a windows 8 pro setup and came across this post. I believe the WIBU key needs to be updated and could be contributing to some freezing issues.........if I'm lucky.

So, I'm a bit confused about which WIBU driver to run, because AC 12 installed as a X86 32 bit program and my OS Windows 8 pro is 64 bit?

Also it appears the install and subsequent updates went smoothly, [since it runs, saves etc.], so I'm assuming I don't need to address the additional download links you included in your post @ archicadwiki?

Would sure appreciate some input......
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Learn and get certified!