Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 11 really, really slow.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, if I have two or more EMPTY Archicad projects and I switch between them there is a delay and sometimes total breakdown.

Cannot think of how it would be with some large models!!

Am I alone here with that problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
There should be near-zero delay, so something else is amiss on your system. What is the build number (Help > About) - are you on the current patch? Commercial version?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
We always have the latest swedish patches, hmm, your answer is interesting, near zero, ohh, wonderful world.

1. I'm suspicious about the library: We have one library on a server and that server is actually distributed through the network but not in our LAN.

2. Does Archicad check some files on C: when activated. Perhaps there is a lot of files that has to be updated from that server when switching between different Archicads.

3. ??
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Johan,

Your wording is a little vague - I assumed that you had two ArchiCAD running, and were switching between them via the task bar/alt-tab/etc. That's the part that should have zero delay.

If you mean closing one empty file and opening another, then, yes, there will be a delay as the libraries for the new file are opened. If the libraries are on a server, the delay can be noticeable, but should not be extreme Does your network work quickly otherwise? If you simply copy the shared library from the network in Windows Explorer to your local machine, is there a huge delay?

ArchiCAD does read various local files, depending on your network setup. Preferences, work environment, etc will be local. In your Work Environment, you can see the paths to where AC is looking for some other things...

Is your WIBU key on a server, or in your local machine? Finding/checking the key might be taking some time; I'm pretty sure that there are some tips in these forums about adjusting the WIBU network setup to find the key server more quickly. Your firewall can also be an issue in this case. See:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/WIBU_network_key_is_not_accessible_on_Windows_XP_SP2?highlight...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed Archicad on a computer separated from the network, all files load from C:

Then I opened two instanses of Archicad and switched between them with Ctrl+Tab. There was near zero delay!!

So, Archicad cannot run with some files, (library) loaded from the network?