Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 12 "No Protection Key Found . . ."

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just received v12 in the mail today and tried to install in on my Mac and my PC and got the same error message "No Protection Key Found or Not Valid" when I tried to run it. I thought my key may have been bad so I tried running v11 which worked just fine. Any help would be great.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
dgrooms wrote:
I just received v12 in the mail today and tried to install in on my Mac and my PC and got the same error message "No Protection Key Found or Not Valid" when I tried to run it. I thought my key may have been bad so I tried running v11 which worked just fine. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Have you upgraded the key to version 12?
There should have been instructions with the software.
Can be done via the internet if it is the same as for previous versions.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks . . . I'm an idiot
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Is anyone else having problems upgrading via Safari on Mac? Safari just displays a blank web page when going to the upgrade.graphisoft.com website....

Worked fine on my pc.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Eduardo Rolon
Safari worked OK here. Just in case check that you are not blocking popup windows.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Seems my 2 Macs at work worked fine as well... Just the one iMac at home is not working. Must be a setting or something.

Just popped the wibu in the PC and all is well.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Karl Ottenstein
vfrontiers wrote:
Seems my 2 Macs at work worked fine as well... Just the one iMac at home is not working. Must be a setting or something.

Just popped the wibu in the PC and all is well.
Hi Duane,

I had a similar issue last May that I reported as defect 19624 (upgrade site would not recognize the key with Safari on 10.5)...and resolved it with GS tech support by uninstalling and reinstaling the WIBU driver after we ruled out Java and other possibilities. At that point, I reinstalled the WIBU driver from the AC 11 app folder...after running the uninstall located there.

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Guess that's what happens when I don't get asked to participate in the Beta's anymore!

Duane (outside the loop) Valencia
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Karl Ottenstein
Actually, I found/reported the WIBU issue via normal channels ... but no doubt beta testing distracted me from sharing the results here.

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB