Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 15 and Quadro K620 graphics card

Ben Thomas
Newcomer
I am running Archicad 15 on Windows 7 but am about to upgrade my computer and am currently going through the process of selecting a suitable graphics card.
Can anyone provide any feedback on whether Archicad 15 will run on Windows 10 using a Quadro K620 graphics card?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cannot tell about AC 15, but I run AC 19 on my machine.
There is no profit (at the moment) from using the professional graphic cards for ArchiCAD. With upgrade from Nvidia GTX 670 to FirePRO W8100 I've got 0,000% gain in 2D and ~ double FPS in 3D with my average project model. I have another exactly the same PC, but with GTX 670 to compare with. Me and my coworker run the same file and compare what happens. The price difference you can find on the Internet. If you find it fair - go for professional card.
So I suggest, just buy 256-bit gaming graphic card if you are going to work only in ArchiCAD.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
For ArchiCAD15 I would say it makes little difference, it is no longer being supported by Graphisoft and I doubt that NVidia is testing it for their current drivers.

Driver support I would say is a strong reason for having a professional card. Things should work smoothly, provided you run the latest drivers (and a fairly recent version of ArchiCAD).

We're not using Windows 10 in our office (still on 7), so no idea how and if ArchiCAD 15 runs.

I still use 15 now and then for old projects that were done in 15. It works fine with the K2000 we have running on recent drivers.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
For ArchiCAD15 I would say it makes little difference, it is no longer being supported by Graphisoft and I doubt that NVidia is testing it for their current drivers.

Driver support I would say is a strong reason for having a professional card. Things should work smoothly, provided you run the latest drivers (and a fairly recent version of ArchiCAD).

We're not using Windows 10 in our office (still on 7), so no idea how and if ArchiCAD 15 runs.

I still use 15 now and then for old projects that were done in 15. It works fine with the K2000 we have running on recent drivers.
Would you be surprised if you will discover, that 3 times cheaper gaming graphic card will provide you the same overall performance and quality? Did you make any comparisons? I can say nothing about AC15 today, but AC 19 performs absolutely the same on W8100 and 4 years old GTX670. Same lags.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben wrote:
I am running Archicad 15 on Windows 7 but am about to upgrade my computer and am currently going through the process of selecting a suitable graphics card.
Can anyone provide any feedback on whether Archicad 15 will run on Windows 10 using a Quadro K620 graphics card?
On my PC (i7 4770, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX660 2GB, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB) AC15 works well.
Ben Thomas
Newcomer
Thanks everyone, great feedback. I will take this back to my tech guy and make a decision from there...
Thanks again.
shtarkel
Participant
Quadro K620 is an excellent choice for Win10 + Archicad 19