BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 15 min. CPU requirements

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received my AC15 (US) upgrade last week. The min. CPU requirements in the software box said that the min. CPU has to be a Intel Core or greater. However, the Graphisoft website says that a Pentium 4 or greater is a min.

Obviously, a Intel Core multiprocessor would be ideal, but can AC15 be run on a Pentium 4, running on Windows XP, 32 bit? When our firm can, we will upgrade computers. I just want to know if we can be able to upgrade to AC15 until we can upgrade.

Thanks for any input.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Simply try it and see.
You don't need to uninstall your old versions so if it doesn't work either just don't use 15 or uninstall it.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The printed documentation is wrong, the web site is correct - ArchiCAD 15 will install on XP with P4 processors. It will not be very fast, though. Also, since P4 computers are pretty old, so you might have issues with the video card as well.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
owen
Newcomer
I know you have it now (AC15) but if i were faced with the choice of:

a) paying my annual subscription to upgrade to 15
b) upgrading my hardware

I would pick B - you would get waaaay more performance increase out of that than any new feature, particularly as you are on PC and so AC14 is already 64-bit

(we Mac users kinda need 15 for that alone)

os
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wanted to give an update to the min. CPU requirements for Archicad 15. Thanks for all the input. My machine is 6 yrs old and the specs are below:

CPU = Pentium 4, 3.2 Ghz
RAM = 2 Gig, SDRAM, 533 Mhz
Video Card = RAEDON X850, 256 Mb

After installing Archicad 15, I noticed that it was no slower than AC14. It might even be a little faster. I tried to crash the program to try out the new autosave feature, but it would not crash.

This should give hope to some of us that have older machines.

FYI. anyone that uses guidelines, they have changed with AC15. I am still getting used to them.
Learn and get certified!