BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 15 running slow

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm running archicad 15 64bit on windows 7 on a fairly high spec computer.

a 200mb model a created in 14 (and have worked on alot in the past in 14 on the same computer, where it ran very fast) is now running very slow, especially in the layouts.

is this likely to be sorted in the next hotfix or is this going to be an ongoing problem unless i build yet another high spec pc?

or is there any settings i could try, update my graphics card drivers etc?
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also having issues with 2d drawing speed in archicad 15. 3d speed is good but at a certain point during the day my file ends up slowing down.

we're using Imac i5s at pretty much every station and running teamwork. The project file is currently about 600mb (so says the BIM server manager). Based on that file size I'd say the average project in this office will probably be about 2GB when finished through CDs. It seems unacceptable that it would be this slow for 2D drawings and we're barely past SD phase.

A lot of times I will find that i have several windows open. A layout or an elevation which regenerates constantly behind your window will cause a lot of lag. But i've been pretty good about closing all of these windows lately and can't seem to get the file to run smoothly. Zooming in/out is the worst problem.

It is just very intermittent which makes me think Archicad is not utilizing the iMac's memory very efficiently (or the other way around). Activity Monitor says I'm only using 1.5 GB of the available 8GB or ram with plenty to spare for applications.

Perhaps it's a driver issue or else iMac graphics cards are not great with 2D.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried adjusting my palettes, looking at open GL etc, but it is all files that are running slow. They were all working yesterday morning, very frustrating.
When I select an object it takes p to 15 seconds to confirm the selection. Forget about stretching a wall, just takes forever and you don't know where it will end up.
The file has almost nothing in it and if I open a new test file the same applies.
My system is a macbook pro running osx10.6.8, 3.06ghz intel core 2 duo, 4gb 1067mhz ddr3.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think i've narrowed down my problem. It seems that turning zones off provides a big speed increase. The easy workaround is drafting views for a majority of my work, but doing work on zones becomes cumbersome.

I've also noticed temporary relief by loading a new story altogether, zooming extents and letting everything load and then returning to the story i was working on. That fixes my problem from anywhere between 5 seconds and 15 minutes.
Learn and get certified!