Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 16 crash...BUG???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there!

My Archicad (16) keeps crashing and asking me to report the bug.... My work gets saved automatically, but I can not continue working on it cz as soon as I open it and try to view my project in 3D it Archicad crashes again... Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Did you submit the bug reporter and provide your contact info? Did you copy down the report ID? Contact your local tech support with the report ID and they'll coordinate with GS to determine the issue.

Could be a graphics card issue. You didn't mention your platform... If Windows, verify that your graphics adapter drivers are up to date.

PS. Have you applied the most recent hot fix? Help > ...update

PPS Do you have any 3rd party add-ons installed?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Did you submit the bug reporter and provide your contact info? Did you copy down the report ID? Contact your local tech support with the report ID and they'll coordinate with GS to determine the issue.

Could be a graphics card issue. You didn't mention your platform... If Windows, verify that your graphics adapter drivers are up to date.

PS. Have you applied the most recent hot fix? Help > ...update

PPS Do you have any 3rd party add-ons installed?
Yes, I sent reports, didn't copy IDs though. Don't think they'd be able to help me very quickly. I deleted couple of objects , saved my work, reopened it and continued working. It's working ok now, but doesn't let me use Solid Element Operations - crashes again.

I.m using Windows 7.
I don't have any 3rd party add-ons.

I'll try updating it, thanks a lot!
Karl Ottenstein
Coccinelle wrote:
Yes, I sent reports, didn't copy IDs though. Don't think they'd be able to help me very quickly.
The ID is the only way they'll know how to match you up with the crash report to provide a solution. Mentioning this for all reading - if the automatic bug reporter pops up... be sure to copy down the ID and include it in your communication with tech support. (You can also edit the report before submitting and provide your email address and the steps leading to the crash. Because the report goes directly to HQ, I'm not sure if they'll contact you based on that additional content... since when you file a support request through your local support channel, they verify your active customer status, etc and act as the intermediary for communication typically.)

Generally, crashes get high priority with support, so it's worth contacting them immediately if you cannot find a way to avoid the crash. Glad you found one avoidance. Hotfixes to 16 fix many reported crashes.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot for the very useful info!
How do I find the local support channel?
Karl Ottenstein
Coccinelle wrote:
It's typically whoever you bought your license from. But, you can find the list from the well-hidden "Report a bug" link near the top of this page (to the right of the social icons)...which sends you here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/

and for the UK, it will take you here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/info/where_to_buy/europe/#GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Coccinelle wrote:
the well-hidden "Report a bug" link near the top of this page
Thank you )

I get my licence free while i'm a student, so wasn't sure )