BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 17 crash on opening

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yesterday I uninstalled my display driver software, because it prevented me from changing my screen brightness
there're two of them, the intel one, and the geforce nvidia. Then, after that I reinstalled my display driver.

After that, I tried to open my AC 17 with no luck, it just keeps crashing on opening the program.

After the library loading progress box is finished and AC 17 about to show the library loading report, it crashed

I've tried a couple of things:
1. Opening different project files
2. Opening the default AC17 template file
3. Uninstalled my AC17, reinstalled it to the 3013 build

Still no luck, I've read through the graphisoft crash section, it explained that display drivers are some of the most common cause of crashes, particularly the Intel on board display driver.

So I tried to uninstall just the Intel driver, then run AC17, it worked , i can open and projects and everything else, but the overall windows working performance is hampered, because everything became laggy and slow, and I can't change my screen brightness again

I dont know what else to try, other programs work just fine except Archicad
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
*Update*

i can open my AC17 now, i tried to update the nvidia driver, and all is well.

for those who have same problem, having dual VGA card, try to uninstall the display drivers, then update BOTH to the latest patch available.

like i said earlier, the problem arose because of the windows 8.1 update, but everything is fine now.

cheers!
Learn and get certified!